Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3766687;
    You THINK you were quiet. THOSE EARS hear EVERYTHING

More then Everything!

Re: For animal lovers

Kassie is a beauty intigra! Best wishes to you all

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Intigra, Kassie is beautiful!

I'm a good mimicker, and can meow really well. Chloe loves it when I speak cat, though I have no idea what I'm saying. But never would I demonstrate to her how well I can hiss. I've wanted to show-off, but I don't want her to think I'm mad at her, so I've kept it under wraps.

I got my opportunity when her little friend Sasha was over the other day. Sasha tried to eat Chloe's food. I got between her and the food, and started hissing. Chloe's eyes got really big. Sasha kept trying to get by me, but I hissed at her every attempt. Chloe watched the entire episode with wide eyes. Sasha finally got the message, and left the food alone. Afterward, Chloe gave me those sweet eyes that say "I love you so much". All squinty eyed, she looked adorable. Plus, she knows just a little more now that what I say goes.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am really good at doing that glottal staccato chatter that they do when they see a bird outdoors. They sit up and take notice, like "What am I missing??"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a question for all you pet owners out there. How do you handle entertaining and family or friends who are allergic to your pet?
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;3769137;
    I have a question for all you pet owners out there. How do you handle entertaining and family or friends who are allergic to your pet?
    Any friends I have that are allergic - we go somewhere, I have always refused to lock anyone up. (except the friends of course)

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;3769137;
    Either entertain them elsewhere, as gabriel said, or vacuum thoroughly and keep your pets in another part of the house for the duration.

Some years ago a friend of mine got married in my house. Knowing the groom and his brother were violently allergic to cats, I vacuumed extra thoroughly and kept the cats in the basement. After the ceremony I was chatting with my friends new brother in law. He commented that he was so allergic to cats that he would start sneezing as soon as he entered a home with cats, even if it had been thoroughly cleaned. At that point he had been in my house over 3 hours. So I asked if he had any allergy problem that day. He said no. THEN I told him I had 2 cats.

I have friends who have multiple animals and they irritate my allergies. When I am going to visit, I just take more allergy medicine before I get there. By the time I'm there, it has kicked in and it isn't so bad.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I tell people ahead of time I have dogs and give them the option of coming over, or going elsewhere. I will vaccuum and clean up and I will put the dogs in the bedroom with the door shut for an hour or two, but no longer as I don't belive in keeping them locked up. This is their house too and they are used to having free reign of it.

My signature line IS my motto.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My gurls "put themselves up" when company comes. For the most part, you'd never know they were around.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread