+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1420Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3765669;
    All I want for Christmas is for everyone else to pick up after themselves around here.
    We had our semi-annual, mama ain't happy event last night.
    Fun for ALL!!!!! (we need a sarcasm smilie)
    You scared me for a minute - I thought you meant us here at the FORT and I immediately felt guilty. I need more coffee.
    Count your blessings!

We have a new addition to our family. After the loss of Cecilie last Monday, we spoke to our vet and she said, since Koji had accepted her, if we were ready, and we still wanted a 2nd cat, we should get one sooner than later. before Koji has a chance to get used to being an only cat again.

So we browsed some rescue sites and found Kassie at the Humane Society. We knew she was the one, when we went to met her. She climbed out of the cage purring, into my husband's arms, then jumped to the top of the cages to explore. We picked her up on the weekend, and she got a clean bill of health from the vet on Monday. Our vet thinks she is going to be a great fit, based on her outgoing personality. She is a year and 2 months, just over 7 pounds and a bundle of energy.

We started slowly introducing them Tuesday, then yesterday they had their first full day together, while I was home to observe. Other than a bit of hissing from both under the door on the weekend, there have been no incidents, Koji is playing with her like she has always been here, and Kassie loves to chase him around the house.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your new kitty is adorable, Intigra!

My son's family did the same thing. When my 8 year old granddaughter's cat, Elsie, died on Monday, the only way to comfort her was to get a new cat. They got a 3 month old kitten that had been left at the vets office for adoption. Their other cat, Twila, has done some hissing, but so far, no blood letting.

Intigra she is absolutely beautiful. I just love calico kitties.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Cutie Pie! I remember it taking me about 4-6 months to bring another gurl into our home after my Gail left us, but there was just something that kept screaming to me that this is a 3-kitty home. And then I brought in #4, and it's been even "more right"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Darling! Both of them!

Perfect! How pretty!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Bought a good-sized scratching post for the only gurl in the house who has claws. The clawless won't let her get near it! My poor Dez. She won't back down, but she will stand back and wait. Respectful of her elders, I guess.

I added some extra catnip to it and, from 2 floors away, Miss Chloe came running immediately (Dez was the only one in the room with me, at the time) when I tried to quietly open the container. I still haven't figured out how she does that. Gail used to come running like that when I "sneakily" (or so I thought) opened a container of yogurt.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You THINK you were quiet. THOSE EARS hear EVERYTHING

Intigra, congratulations on your new kitty. She's a gorgeous calico.

+ Reply to Thread