+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

These stories are too much. Keep them coming I love it!

Photobabe, that is the sweetest thing I've heard in awhile! I'm amazed how Louie will sniff and sniff and search over a pile of toys until he finds what he wants. Annie sure knew what she was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3762656;
    Roxie gave me a big laugh this morning. Our granddaughters are here this weekend. Alexis had finished her breakfast and was putting a puzzle together at the table. Baileigh was still in her high chair eating. Roxie, of course, was sitting at the ready, waiting for the food to hit the floor. Well, Alexis dropped a puzzle piece, and Roxie had that piece in her mouth before she even knew what it was. Once she realized it wasn't food, she turned, with the puzzle piece sticking out of her mouth, looked at me with such a surprised expression on her face, and literally spit the puzzle out, all the while glaring at me like I'd done something wrong.
    Something similar happened to us. Our boxers usually beg for food (we know it's wrong!) and one day we decided to give D.Bo a piece of shrimp. He made a face (I SWEAR) and it came right back out. It looked like a kid trying something they didn't like, sticking their tongue out, and letting it fall out. Hilarious! Where is a video cam when you need one!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3763032;
    These stories are too much. Keep them coming I love it!
    I love these "tails" too.

Henry managed to survive our snowfall last Friday. Let's just say that he will never be a sled dog! On Saturday, he encountered the scary carpet cleaner and went into hiding... It was pretty funny because he would NOT walk on the damp carpet. He spent the majority of the weekend in bed (nothing new there) but he waddled out when Mr. Doxie took the carpet cleaner back and returned home with takeout chinese food.

We've started to decorate for Christmas. It's the first one since Simon passed away and it is bittersweet for us. Simon LOVED Christmas and he "taught" Henry how to open presents and always made us laugh because he would open ONE present and then run off and attempt to hide it. Henry tears into everything and then passes out.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I was watching the news last night, Louie was happily chewing on a bone. One of the segments was a local animal shelter that desparately needs for cats to be adopted. They showed the cats and kitty's at the shelter, they were so sweet. I said out loud, that's so sad those kitty's don't have a home. Louie stops chewing, looks at me, looks at the front door, I said "Don't you think Mommy should bring home a kitty"? he gave one of those low short growls that pretty much said, NO!

doxie, Louie is petrified of the vacume cleaner. He thinks he could take on a Huskie, but is afraid of the vacume cleaner.

Several years ago when I had my other 2 cats, my neighbor across from me had 1 of the nastiest cats ever. Yet, my 2 cats were totally enamored of her. Any opportunity they had, they'd run across the hall to visit Smoochie, whose name was a total misnomer. She was anything but!
    At any rate, one day Chaucer raced back from my neighbor's place with 2 cat toys in his mouth. He refused to give them back. Turned out the 2 toys were exactly like ones my cats had and so Chaucer just assumed they "belonged" in his house.
    Animals, I think, are actually quite smart.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

We were watching the news and they were showcasing a dog for adoption. Buddy is trying to figure out how the dog got into our TV!

Oh these stories and thoe pictures are hilarious

What cute pictures PMG. I've always loved Boxers.

Poor Roxie. We are in the middle of a major blizzard here. We've got at least a foot of snow, strong winds, and cold. We had to close up Roxie's doggie door because the snow was blowing inside through it. I tried to get her to go outside this morning, even shoveled an area for her, but she just wouldn't go. And she kept looking at me with such a look on her face, I just couldn't make her. So, she went potty in the garage. I'm hoping that she knows this is just because of the storm and she doesn't decide to make a habit of it. I just couldn't make her go out in this horrible weather. Trinity though, she just went leaping over the drifts and hurried up to do her business, came leaping back, and I swear, she was almost smiling. I suspect she was mocking Roxie a bit for not being tall enough to jump over the drifts.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;3763412;
    Something similar happened to us. Our boxers usually beg for food (we know it's wrong!) and one day we decided to give D.Bo a piece of shrimp. He made a face (I SWEAR) and it came right back out. It looked like a kid trying something they didn't like, sticking their tongue out, and letting it fall out. Hilarious! Where is a video cam when you need one!
    Reminds me of the time I gave my cat Pop Rocks.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread