+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I keep my carriers out in the open so that when they appear, it won't be a huge shock and reason to panic. They have been ignored for-ever! Today, I walk into the hallway and something catches my eye....these 2piercing eyes staring at me through the netting. She had that "I bet you can't see me!" look. Goofy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy;3759942;
    Lopevian - I LOVE that idea. I'll have to do that for my darlings.

ClosetNerd - I'm truly sorry for this decision you are going to have to make. Sending you hugs and support.

Intigra, Very sorry to hear of Cecelie's passing. I'm so thankful that she had such a loving home and family! I understand all the pain you are suffering.
    Have strength in the good memories of this special friend.

For doxie and Henry:
    Today I thought of you guys -
    From Crete and Barrel. At the store they sell them individually.
    Crate and Barrel - Crochet Dog Ornaments Set of Four shopping in Crate and Barrel Christmas Ornaments

Thank you so much for thinking of us! Those ornaments are adorable.

Intigra: I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet kitty. You are in my thoughts.

ClosetNerd: We went through a similar situation with the late Simon. He bit both me and Henry badly several times. However, he was a lot older than your Murphy and there weren't any children involved. I know this is a difficult decision for you, but I have to agree with the others who have said that it might be better for you AND Murphy if you find him another home. There is a Boston Terrier Rescue group here, and I have a friend who adopted from them. The rescue group did a very good job of finding the perfect dog for her.
    I wish you and Murphy the best.

Henry has discovered cheesecake... We crammed him into his skintight Santa suit and took his holiday pictures over the weekend. He wasn't very cooperative (he actually MOVED while we were taking pics), but we got a few good ones. I'll post them soon.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3760964;
    I keep my carriers out in the open so that when they appear, it won't be a huge shock and reason to panic. They have been ignored for-ever! Today, I walk into the hallway and something catches my eye....these 2piercing eyes staring at me through the netting. She had that "I bet you can't see me!" look. Goofy!
    I'm INVISIBLE.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3760964;
    Both my cats like to relax in the carriers! I like it when Boo Boo is in one, or the cat condo, and I see nothing but eyes looking out of the dark

Doxie--Henry MOVED?? Is he ok?

integra-- I'm sorry to hear about Cecilie
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3762135;

Doxie--Henry MOVED?? Is he ok?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Roxie gave me a big laugh this morning. Our granddaughters are here this weekend. Alexis had finished her breakfast and was putting a puzzle together at the table. Baileigh was still in her high chair eating. Roxie, of course, was sitting at the ready, waiting for the food to hit the floor. Well, Alexis dropped a puzzle piece, and Roxie had that piece in her mouth before she even knew what it was. Once she realized it wasn't food, she turned, with the puzzle piece sticking out of her mouth, looked at me with such a surprised expression on her face, and literally spit the puzzle out, all the while glaring at me like I'd done something wrong.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3762656;
    Roxie gave me a big laugh this morning. Our granddaughters are here this weekend. Alexis had finished her breakfast and was putting a puzzle together at the table. Baileigh was still in her high chair eating. Roxie, of course, was sitting at the ready, waiting for the food to hit the floor. Well, Alexis dropped a puzzle piece, and Roxie had that piece in her mouth before she even knew what it was. Once she realized it wasn't food, she turned, with the puzzle piece sticking out of her mouth, looked at me with such a surprised expression on her face, and literally spit the puzzle out, all the while glaring at me like I'd done something wrong.
    i have that video playing in my head. Hilarious! It IS ALL YOUR FAULT you know!

MRD

oh, that's too funny.

We have had that happen here with lettuce. Because god forbid one of the other dogs get to whatever dropped on the floor first. Then I find the piece of lettuce spit out and slimy somewhere else in the house.

Like Gabriel, I can see that video in my head of Roxie and the puzzle.

I'm guessing she was "puzzled" when it didn't taste like anything.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Lil Bit ...That is hillarious! You are a good story teller.

I have spoiled Louie rotten with toys. I've had him since he was 10 weeks old, he's three now. I always came home from grocery shopping with a little toy. My son, his g/f did the same thing, always coming home with a little toy. He gets so excited when we walk in the door with a bag, its hillarious, and that just made us do it more. He sticks his head in the bags searching for his surprise. He has 4 garbage bags of toys, not to mention the ones in a big wicker basket in the house.

I told my son and his g/f, a couple of weeks ago, that's it. No more toys. There are toys everywhere.

So I started recyling them. I have them in the garage, and when I need a "surprise" I grab something from the garbage bags. Today it was a Santa. I swear Louie knows they are his toys. He'll squeek it, once or twice, he looks at me, and then just walks away. LOL

My friend was decorating her Christmas tree. Her Greyhound, Annie, was watching with great interest. Then Annie went to her toy box and began flinging toys all over the place. At the bottom of the box she found what she had been looking for...her stuffed Christmas tree. She proudly showed it to her mom and took it and laid it on her doggie bed. Now she's decorated for Christmas too.

+ Reply to Thread