+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

I am joining you.
    Did she think he could put the insides back inside?
    I'm so glad her cat is going to be ok and your mom's cat as well ITG
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

, that is so funny ITG! What a great story...I bet vets have a million of them.

OMG, that poor lady, I probably would have thought the same thing. I just love a vet story with a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3752937;
    My Mom took her cat to the Vet, and while she was waiting on the test results, a very upset lady came into the office holding a card board box in her arms. The lady was crying as she told the receptionist, that her cat was dying and could the Vet please come and save her cat. The Vet excused himself from my Mom and went to check on the other lady's cat, where she proceeded to tell the Vet that her cat had come into the kitchen and threw its insides up on her floor, she scooped up her cats insides put them along with the cat in the box and brought them to the Vet. He took the box into the next exam room.
    In a few minutes, my Mom heard him call to the lady to come in the exam room, then she heard him say Mrs.----- your cat is not dying, what you found was the remains of a very large field rat that your cat had eaten, those are the rats insides not your cats. The lady was then crying with relief, thanking the vet and loving on her cat as she left. He then returned to my Mom and told her to please not bring him any rat remains if her cat decided to eat one.
    My Mom's cat was diagnosed with the Herpes virus that ya'll had talked about upthread and will be fine after some very expensive meds.
    I told her about the L-Lysine that was recommended, so thanks queenb and fierce critter. Happy Tails all around.
    What a sweet story! Having been a veterinary tech for many years and seeing too many sad endings, this was such a delight! Thanks for sharing.

I at this!

Hilarious

Loved the cat/rat story!

For you dog lovers. I just learned that The Dairyland Race Track in Kenosha, Wisconsin is closing Dec. 31st. The greyhounds desperatly need forever homes. If you've ever had the privilege of loving a greyhound you know what awesome dogs they are. They don't need a lot of space. Once they retire from the track they become the ultimate couch potato!

Adopt a Greyhound!

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe;3754526;
    Loved the cat/rat story!

For you dog lovers. I just learned that The Dairyland Race Track in Kenosha, Wisconsin is closing Dec. 31st. The greyhounds desperatly need forever homes. If you've ever had the privilege of loving a greyhound you know what awesome dogs they are. They don't need a lot of space. Once they retire from the track they become the ultimate couch potato!

Adopt a Greyhound!
    My cousin has had a few greyhounds in her family for years. They are the kindest, loving couch potatoes you ever want to meet.

I wish I could adopt another dog, but I think 3 is my limit. Greyhounds are such great pets, I wish they would stop racing them and let them be domestic animals.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Bunny, that is adorable!

A few pictures of Chloe. I love her little face.

Attachment 26294 Attachment 26292 Attachment 26293
    Attachment 26291
    Last edited by lopevian; 02-17-2010 at 10:26 PM.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

+ Reply to Thread