+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3733641;
    I thought I had posted about this. All I can say is simply amazing.
    Sorry to repost. I must have missed it.

Arn't beds funny things? I LOVE and miss having a fuzzy bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy;3734389;

I meant I thought I had posted a reply to your post. My bed purred all fora few hours this morning with a tail slapping my arm.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3734094;
    Mine feels like I have a 100 lb. weight on my feet and legs, it grumbles and huffs if I move or have to get up during the night.
    I am having so much fun thinking of all these noisy beds.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

To the dog owners - are/have any of you getting your dog vaccinated for the H3N8 (dog flu)? It's making the news here and wondered if there are pros/cons to the vaccine? I'll be talking to my vet today about it regarding my dogs but wanted to know what people think about it? Our news said not all local vets are giving it, which makes me wonder about its safety or need. I know it's better to be safe than sorry but if it has a high risk of side effects I might think otherwise.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy;3734389;

I know Mimzy. This is so crazy... but if my foot/leg weight stays up late to watch the outside critters that move around at night, I miss her and get up to check on her.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3734396;
    I meant I thought I had posted a reply to your post. My bed purred all fora few hours this morning with a tail slapping my arm.
    The servant must have been late with Sir Joseph's breakfast.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3734405;
    To the dog owners - are/have any of you getting your dog vaccinated for the H3N8 (dog flu)? It's making the news here and wondered if there are pros/cons to the vaccine? I'll be talking to my vet today about it regarding my dogs but wanted to know what people think about it? Our news said not all local vets are giving it, which makes me wonder about its safety or need. I know it's better to be safe than sorry but if it has a high risk of side effects I might think otherwise.
    I mentioned it a little while back (09.30), but no one seemed interested.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-23-2009 at 12:01 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My 3 dogs don't have much contact with other dogs, so I'm not that worried about them contracting the flu. If you take your dogs to doggie day care or the dog park a lot, you may want to get them vaccinated.

My dalmatian Suki had hives this week. She had some bumps on her legs and the top of her head and all of her skin was super pink. I think she had an allergic reaction to the Chinese takeout containers that she licked while they were in the trash. Her previous owner must have shared their take-out with her, because whenever she sees those little white cartons she gets excited. The hives have cleared up on their own, and I'm going to make sure the next time I get takeout to make the empty cartons inaccessible.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why does my Maine Coon gurl have the sneezies when nobody else in the house is sick? They don't go outside, they don't associate with other kitties...otherwise, she acts normal. Nothing unusual has been introduced into her environment to elicit allergies. We're heading to her doc on Sunday. I'm one of those moms that just can't let it go.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3734569;
    My 3 dogs don't have much contact with other dogs, so I'm not that worried about them contracting the flu. If you take your dogs to doggie day care or the dog park a lot, you may want to get them vaccinated.

My dalmatian Suki had hives this week. She had some bumps on her legs and the top of her head and all of her skin was super pink. I think she had an allergic reaction to the Chinese takeout containers that she licked while they were in the trash. Her previous owner must have shared their take-out with her, because whenever she sees those little white cartons she gets excited. The hives have cleared up on their own, and I'm going to make sure the next time I get takeout to make the empty cartons inaccessible.
    I hope she gets better soon!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread