+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Oakley, our German Shepherd, is fine with baths. If he's already near the bathroom and you tell him "get in the tub" he gets in himself.

However, he's started something new and ridiculous. If we're not near the bathroom and ask him "wanna take a bath?" he starts going nuts. He runs, barks, and tries to climb into my lap. He'll do it over and over again.

Outside, he's a hose hog. He loves it when you spray it full-force and he'll gobble it straight until he almost horks.

MRD

We used to have this great dog, Annie and she would walk right into the shower when you told her too.
    None of ours like water much of any kind. But Annie used to swim in my parents pool. She loved it. Would walk down the steps, swim around and then back up the steps.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I wish Oakley would swim more willingly. He swam alright when we took him to the dog swim at the wave pool earlier this month. But as soon as he can't touch bottom, he starts to turn around and head back for shore.

I did manage to get him to jump into a river off a dock one outing last year. But that only happened because there was a very typical "diving dog" showing him how much fun it was, and when nobody was looking, my husband "helped" Oakley off the dock into the water. Ahem. Well, it did the trick - the whole rest of that day, Oakley kept jumping off the dock into the river on his own, he ended up loving it - I had to call him back from the opposite bank several times 'cause he kept swimming across it the entire width of the river. But I haven't managed to get him in like that since.

He was diagnosed with hip displaysia at a very early age, and swimming would be the best exercise for him, hence my wish he would just dive in and do it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just heard about the N3-H8, a flu that your dogs can catch. Apparently, they've had a flu vaccine out since June that is being encouraged once/year. I stumble onto the most interesting information! I do believe that they said that humans are not passing the flu onto the dogs....unlike the swine flu-human connection.

Doesn't seem to be a cat issue, but I will be discussing it with my vet when I go next month.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just ran across a FORTer who has a REALLY CUTE avatar. ryansmommy -Look her up in case she doesn't post the avatar here. It's a little pocket beagle puppy.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Henry was sleeping in the sunshine on the patio today and a giant butterfly landed on his head! He didn't notice it, and it stayed there for a minute or two. I ran for the camera, but the butterfly was gone when I got back.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

ohhh what a picture that would have been!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Our weather has gotten cooler and Chloe has been begging for a fire in the wood heater.
    Her fire dance... She will stand infront of the heater until Mr. ING starts her a fire. Then depending on how cold or warm she is, she moves from lap to chair to sofa to floor to lap to... then when she sees the fire going down she goes and finds Mr. ING to let him know its time for another log on the fire. These are last winter pics.
    Fierce Critter our sheppard loved to swim, we have a pond and everyday he swam. When we found the cancer in his shoulder, I worried about him swimming, but the vet said to let him keep swimming, it would help keep the joints mobile. I can't believe it been a year since we lost him. RIP Duke
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3717039;
    Our weather has gotten cooler and Chloe has been begging for a fire in the wood heater.
    Her fire dance... She will stand infront of the heater until Mr. ING starts her a fire. Then depending on how cold or warm she is, she moves from lap to chair to sofa to floor to lap to... then when she sees the fire going down she goes and finds Mr. ING to let him know its time for another log on the fire. These are last winter pics.
    Fierce Critter our sheppard loved to swim, we have a pond and everyday he swam. When we found the cancer in his shoulder, I worried about him swimming, but the vet said to let him keep swimming, it would help keep the joints mobile. I can't believe it been a year since we lost him. RIP Duke
    Chloe is staring and willing that fire to keep burning.

Duke sure is a handsome fellow. I'm so certain you still miss him.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Chloe knows what she wants and how to get it, my kind of girl. She's also a real cutie.

And Duke was so handsome. German Shepherds have such a noble and regal bearing in my opinion. If a had a Shepherd, I would try my darndest to live up to their standard.

Actually all of my pets have made me want to be a better person. I wouldn't want my dogs to have a "crappy" owner.

+ Reply to Thread