+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    Thats the tough part and I feel for you there, there are times here when one of my dogs is making noise and groaning and I'm trying to figure out whats wrong and just wish they could tell me. Big Hugs your way
    THANKS!!!

I know what you mean. My cat does A LOT of talking... I just can't understand MEOW.

FORT Fogey

Goin' Topless With the Poms!!

One of my favorite things to do these days is to drive around TOPLESS with the Pomeranians in the back seat of the car.

Don't worry, don't worry -- I'm referring to having the top of my Jeep Wrangler (not my top) down!!!

Before letting the dogs ride back there in an open car I decided to buy them some special harnesses that have an extra long loop so that a seat belt can be clipped through it.

Now that I know that the Poms won't go flying out the back or side of the Jeep I feel much, much, much better.

I thought I'd pass this suggestion along to you guys, in case any of you are leaving your dogs at home because you're worried that they'd fly out of the car.

Canine Seat Belts

I hope everyone's having a fun and safe summer with their pets!!

Wonderful thing you did their Pom. Head bumps and Meows from Mona & Joey...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Premium Member
    Sounds like lots of fun Pom! I know how much my girls love hanging their heads out the window, going topless would just be heaven.

Hi. saw this thread and had to check it out.

Thinking good thoughts for you,sweetdreams.

My German shepherd, Effie, is my whole world and was very sick teh first year we had her, I know how hard it is to see them suffer. Thankfully she is all better and loves riding topless too!

You know why dogs stick their heads out the car windows? It makes 'em think they're running real fast!

I always thought it was to feather out the fur!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    You know why dogs stick their heads out the car windows? It makes 'em think they're running real fast!

Unk YOU ROCK with all the pictures you find for just the right occasion!!!

My dogs are having an absolute blast these days, riding around with that top off. They absolutely love having the wind in their face and for the first time EVER my American Eskimo (who's just a bit bigger than the Pomeranian) fell asleep during a car ride.

She's almost 12 and she has hated the car for her entire life, but we took an open air trip for a couple of hours today and the good girl actually NAPPED. I was in shock!

So it's nice to post just boring, old good news about the pups these days.

Sweetdreams we're still thinking of you out here and we sure hope things are getting better for your kitty.

And soapqueen, to this fun thread!!! I'm glad to hear that Effie's rebounded and enjoying a nice life with you. Before I got into Pomeranian rescue I had more room (I lived in a house as opposed to an apartment, which is where I am now) and I rescued four German Shepherds over a 13 year period. They're great dogs! I hope Effie continues to do well!!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    What I want to know is why they love to stick their heads out the window, but they hate it when you blow in their faces.

Marley . Sort of goes along with why is a driveway where you park, and a parkway where you drive?

Pom, how fun to go topless with dogs! Years ago I had an MG and my lab loved riding with me.

Sweetdreams, I too am still thinking of you and your baby.

Unk, your quick and vast image trigger fingers are a thing to behold.

Well, a few fireworks (which are outlawed here) began popping off tonight already, and my poor terrier ended up in the faaaaaar corner of our closet quivering. Had I realized they would begin two days before 7/04, I would have tranquilized her. I'll begin tomorrow night. My lab mix is scared to death of everything BUT fireworks.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread