+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3706143;
    It didn't work out that way at my house. Trinity (70 lbs.) is definitely the boss. She puts up with a lot from Roxie (18 lbs.) but when she's had enough, all it takes is one loud bark and Roxie has learned that that's the signal to back off and leave her alone!
    You just wait, one day Roxie is going to do something to let ALL of you know that she was merely LETTING Trinity THINK she was the boss.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

That happened here today with Waldo and Rosie. They were both in the kitchen. I had just gotten my foot on the second stair, when I heard the dogfight and her squeal. I yelled, reversed course, Rosie was in the kitchen alone, with tail between her legs and shaking and Waldo was hiding in the dining room. Funny thing is, he knew he had been a bad boy. I had to hold Rosie for the next 30 min. until she calmed down. I have no idea what it was about, but that is the FIRST and only time Waldo's gotten the best of her and she was NOT happy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

intigra - hope all is fine. Sending support and love for your baby. I know this wait and wonder ordeal!

I just had to share this. Cecilie is still quarantined, she tested positive for coccidiosis, and has an appointment tonight to see the vet again. But we were told it is OK to let Koji sniff her, or visit with her for a few minutes.

So we introduced them a few days ago, and Koji is taking his big brother role to heart. Last night she was crying after hearing my husband get up, but before I could get up and go see her, Koji went and mewed at her. He lay down against the closed door with his paw under it, and she curled up with him from the other side. The door is about an inch and a half from the floor, and we have a nightlight so we could see under it and see where she was.

I wish I had a picture, but it was about 4:30 this morning and I didn't want to disturb them by running for the camera. I cannot wait until they can be together all the time.

That is so sweet! I'm glad things are working out for them and you won't have to worry anymore about the possibility of them not liking each other
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Awesome, intigra!

If only we humans would learn from them
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Ugh.

I was at the library today, where they have a display of informational pamphlets and materials of all kinds near the door. A pamphlet caught my eye, with James Cromwell, Joaquin Phoenix, Gloria Steinem and a few other people on it, it was for anti-vivisection basically.

I turned to the back to see if there were more personalities, and was shocked to see graphic photos of animals used in testing. I was so upset, nearly sick to my stomach.

I tried to do PETA in college and just couldn't handle the extremism or the graphic nature of the materials they use to "educate." Vivisection is an issue I'm torn on, mostly in the direction of wanting it stopped, to be honest. But I don't like being confronted with those kinds of images unknowingly.

Gads.

<-- hugs a cat

Another ugh and a big, big sigh.

A block up from my house, there's a home where we've been watching a golden retriever grow up all summer. He's gone from gangly, adorable little puppy to gangly, adorable dog in the past 3-4 months.

And he is ALWAYS OUTSIDE.

They only have him in the house during the evening. And I never, ever see anyone playing with that poor dog. EVERY time we drive by, he's sleeping on the back stoop by the door.

This is the 2nd time I've seen this. The people who live across the street from my parents got a golden as a puppy, and that dog was also always outside, never played with, and always lonely. I was moving to a different state at one point and seriously, seriously considered kidnapping that dog and giving it a better life. Discretion won out and I decided not to steal it, even though it absolutely would have had a better life with me and my husband.

That breed is SUCH a family breed. So good with children, so good with people. It's a terrible thing to not interact with one like this.

I'm moving out of state again soon. I'm so tempted, once again, to kidnap that poor dog. Of course I won't, but today almost made me change my mind. This time, we drove by as the guy came home from work and went in the back door - the dog was so excited, and looked like it was saying, "Ya gonna play? Let's play! No? Can I come in then? Please? I wanna be with you. No? Ok..."

Ugh. I'm so upset.

<-- hugs my dog

Quote Originally Posted by intigra;3709324;
    I just had to share this. Cecilie is still quarantined, she tested positive for coccidiosis, and has an appointment tonight to see the vet again. But we were told it is OK to let Koji sniff her, or visit with her for a few minutes.

So we introduced them a few days ago, and Koji is taking his big brother role to heart. Last night she was crying after hearing my husband get up, but before I could get up and go see her, Koji went and mewed at her. He lay down against the closed door with his paw under it, and she curled up with him from the other side. The door is about an inch and a half from the floor, and we have a nightlight so we could see under it and see where she was.

I wish I had a picture, but it was about 4:30 this morning and I didn't want to disturb them by running for the camera. I cannot wait until they can be together all the time.
    What a sweet picture. I'm sure there will be some hisses and smacks along the way, but it sounds like they are headed in the right direction. I'm happy for you and your kitties.

+ Reply to Thread