+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3705376;
    Yeah, Mona was there first. My 11 pound Shih Tzu is definitely the boss of my 160 pound Mastiff, which is priceless. She goes through every door first, gets treats first, etc. My pets are sad because the kids have all left for school. I found the giant dog on my son's bed which she has never done before. I've been taking her for extra walks to cheer her up, but she is still staring out the window waiting for "her people" to come home
    Isn't that just something? I love the image of the 11 pounder ruling the 160 pounder. heee heee As Mona aged however, sometimes I believe she would just think oh crap let the bugger do whatever, I know Dad will feed me, brush me, I'm just tired of being bumped by that black head, but just wait.... I'm still in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3705428;
    Rosie who is 14 pounds definetly bosses both the humans and the other dogs who are bigger than she is.
    No ONE is the BOSS of THE ROSIE!! GRRRR.., even that big BUFFOON called Waldo....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Miss Chloe joined our family as an tiny 8-week old furball, and immediately became the alpha gurl of the house (I don't even understand how that worked)...not even slightly challenged by Miss Shay and Miss Gail (RIP). They would just hide under and behind things and watch her. When Shay joined Gail and me, she immediately cuddled up to Gail, who would have nothing to do with her, and it pretty much remained that way. Dez has charmed everybody except Chloe. I love that they all have their own personalities and their own ways of spending special time with you that is unique unto each one. Miss Chloe is my computer cat; Miss Shay is my bed cat; Dez tracks me like I've got magnets in the backs of my legs; and Miss Celie is my window/sink cat.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

go figure! maybe it is a girl/boy thing?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

They are all female.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3705844;
    They are all female.
    So girls just get along together and if a boy shows up later the girl is in charge? Sounds like feminism to me.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Well, the vet visit didn't go as well as I'd hoped. She's 6.2.lbs (Koji is 13 , it will be cute to see them together.) When we picked her up on Wednesday night, she seemed a little weak in her hind legs. I assumed incorrectly that it was being in a small confined space for 2 months, as she had been with the Humane Society since July.

Turns out its not, the vet is concerned but doesn't know what it may be at this point, but we've ruled out a few things already. She did test negative for FIV & FLV, and her white blood count was normal, so that was a relief, but she has a bit of a fever so the vet suspects a parasite of some kind. I'm picking up some antibiotics later today to start her on, but until we know what it is, she has to stay away from Koji.

Wish me luck that we find out what this is, and its treatable. Thank goodness for pet insurance, we'll get most of the $ we spent back from the tests.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3705869;
    So girls just get along together and if a boy shows up later the girl is in charge? Sounds like feminism to me.
    And, except for the ones that they wear on the beach or at the pool...they burned their bras YEARS ago!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3705428;
    Rosie who is 14 pounds definetly bosses both the humans and the other dogs who are bigger than she is.
    It didn't work out that way at my house. Trinity (70 lbs.) is definitely the boss. She puts up with a lot from Roxie (18 lbs.) but when she's had enough, all it takes is one loud bark and Roxie has learned that that's the signal to back off and leave her alone!

intigra - I hope whatever is wrong with your new baby isn't serious.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

intigra Just give it some time, I'm sure they will get her straighten out.

Quote Originally Posted by intigra;3706111;
    Well, the vet visit didn't go as well as I'd hoped. She's 6.2.lbs (Koji is 13 , it will be cute to see them together.) When we picked her up on Wednesday night, she seemed a little weak in her hind legs. I assumed incorrectly that it was being in a small confined space for 2 months, as she had been with the Humane Society since July.

Turns out its not, the vet is concerned but doesn't know what it may be at this point, but we've ruled out a few things already. She did test negative for FIV & FLV, and her white blood count was normal, so that was a relief, but she has a bit of a fever so the vet suspects a parasite of some kind. I'm picking up some antibiotics later today to start her on, but until we know what it is, she has to stay away from Koji.

Wish me luck that we find out what this is, and its treatable. Thank goodness for pet insurance, we'll get most of the $ we spent back from the tests.
    I'm thinking of you and your little one. Keep us posted, we do care!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread