+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Our zoo has a new baby elephant. She is the cutest thing I have ever seen. She is so playful and seems to have so much personality. I just want to love on her.

Utah - KSTU
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3694590;
    Our zoo has a new baby elephant. She is the cutest thing I have ever seen. She is so playful and seems to have so much personality. I just want to love on her.

Utah - KSTU
    Aww! That is just too cute! She looks so happy and spunky!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Oh what a cutie pie...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Oh how cute! What a little doll. Thanks for sharing that dagwood. Does she have a name?

Henry did the funniest thing yesterday. We were putting clean sheets on the bed and he refused to move off of the bed. So, Mr. doxie put the sheet over his own head and started making "ghost noises" and howling at Henry Henry went crazy. Every hair on his long self was standing up and his ears were pinned back. He attacked the "ghost" for several minutes and then RAN (highly unusual for him) and hid behind me. We almost died laughing. Henry did take to the bed as soon as we got it made up and he's been sulking under the covers.

I'm sure he will cheer up when he finds out that he is getting a "Snuggie for dogs" though!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3699586;

I'm sure he will cheer up when he finds out that he is getting a "Snuggie for dogs" though!
    Doxie, Is that what I think it is? Like a "slanket" for dogs??

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3694181;
    Question for the dog owners on here. How do you get a dog to quit barking so much? Roxie barks at everything. Any little noise sets her off into a barking fit, and then she'll walk around for a couple of minutes going "boof... boof" Just a quiet kind of bark, then she'll settle down until the next noise and it starts all over again. I tell her no, that doesn't seem to work at all. I've taken a newspaper and smacked it against my hand and the loud noise usually startles her and gets her attention off what she's barking at for the moment, but the next noise gets her going again. I have no experience with this because our last dog only barked if someone actually knocked on the door, and in his final year or so, he didn't even do that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lil Bit, I had a dog who barked non-stop when I wasn't home, so I couldn't do any of the "normal" stop barking techniques. I bought a citronella collar. When the dog barks the little device on the collar sprays out some citronella. It's harmless to to the dog, but they hate the smell and the coldness of the citronella. My dog only wore the collar once, and the barking stopped. It's a little expensive, but it really worked for my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3699586;
    Henry did the funniest thing yesterday. We were putting clean sheets on the bed and he refused to move off of the bed. So, Mr. doxie put the sheet over his own head and started making "ghost noises" and howling at Henry Henry went crazy. Every hair on his long self was standing up and his ears were pinned back. He attacked the "ghost" for several minutes and then RAN (highly unusual for him) and hid behind me. We almost died laughing. Henry did take to the bed as soon as we got it made up and he's been sulking under the covers.

Way too funny doxie. POOR HENRY..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

We took our German Shepherd Oakley to "dog day at the wave pool" at the metro park today.

What a cool day. TONS of dogs swimming, running about free, playing, sniffing.

Here's the link to dog snuggies. The video is pretty funny. MRD sent this to me a few weeks ago and rumor has it that Queen Rosie will soon be decked out in a pink snuggie! Henry is getting a blue one. They are buy one get one free, so we're getting two. We had a sad/funny moment when we ordered them thinking about how angry Simon would have gotten if we made him wear a snuggie. I guess we'll save the extra one and give it to Henry for Christmas.

https://www.snuggiefordogs.com/flare/next
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread