+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

FORT Fan
    Thanks ALL!!!

Well, we're back from the vets office. They took blood. I won't know until tomorrow her test results. The unknowing is the hardest part. All I want is for her to feel better. All I want to do is make her better... BUT, I haven't a clue whats wrong with her.

Her appetite is off too. She's not eating much at all. She's not drinking much water and she's not going in her litterbox.

Please... keep us in your thoughts and prayers... Please!

Ah sweetdreams. I'll definitely be beaming good thoughts at you and your kitty. My dog was sick a few weeks ago (I posted about this somewhere) and I know how freaky it is when your pet doesn't behave the way he or she normally does. *crosses fingers and toes that it is something easily cured*

I hate hearing about pets that are sick, it's particularly sad because they are so naturally sweet. I hope you get good news very early tomorrow, sweetdreams.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Sweetdreams, As someone who has gone through the emergency hospital thing with my joey and other things my thoughts, prayers and Mona & Joeys kitty headbumps are with you. Please let us know.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fan
    Thank you all for your kind words...

I called the vet and they said her results SHOULD be in around 9:00 am. I'll be on the phone ringing them at 8:59 am.

*takes a glance over to my love* She's laying on her back, trying to sleep, eyes wide open.. heart is beating really fast. But, in a few minutes, she'll be flip flopping around again. She's been doing that all day.

Whats sad is.. she knows theres something wrong with her and I can't do anything about it. Just sit and watch her and cry. I feel so incredibly helpless.

Sorry for being so pathetic... I just love my animals so much. More than people.
    Theres truly nothing better than that unconditional love. But, when they're sick it hurts like hell.
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 06-30-2005 at 07:53 PM.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    oh sweetdreams - it's not pathetic! It's being worried about someone you love

My fingers are crossed for her. I hate the helpless feeling

sweetdreams, the inability to sleep and the heart racing sound like symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Perhaps she is getting too much replacement thyroid hormone.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    oh sweetdreams - it's not pathetic! It's being worried about someone you love

My fingers are crossed for her. I hate the helpless feeling
    Many thanks!!! I'm not good with feeling helpless.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    sweetdreams, the inability to sleep and the heart racing sound like symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Perhaps she is getting too much replacement thyroid hormone.

My cat isn't on any meds... yet!

March I found out she had a tumor of the thyroid. Which can either be treated with meds for the rest of her life or I-131 (radiation). I started giving her meds and her T-4 count went from 19 to below 0. But, the thought of giving her meds for the rest of her life, I wasn't happy with. AND she wasn't happy about taking the meds. In april (after much research) she had radiation iodine which destroys just the tumor.. no meds at all.

My guess is... the procedure didn't work OR more nodules grew back... thus being back to square one.

The hard part I'm dealing with... watching her be so restless is painful to my heart *grabs heart* and it was so stressful making the choice to have the radiation iodine treatment. Then having her stay at the facility for 3 nights was an absolute killer. The thought of having to go through it all again.... how about if it doesn't work again? Its just breaking my heart.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdreams

Whats sad is.. she knows theres something wrong with her and I can't do anything about it. Just sit and watch her and cry. I feel so incredibly helpless. .
    Thats the tough part and I feel for you there, there are times here when one of my dogs is making noise and groaning and I'm trying to figure out whats wrong and just wish they could tell me. Big Hugs your way

+ Reply to Thread