+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

  1. #13461
    FORT Fanatic CaliLily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3689621;
    Well JOEY had his 6 month checkup and the bugger GAINED 3/4 of a pound since March. He is a MERE 16 and 1/2 pounds. SHHHH - I am going to cut BACK on his FOOD. Otherwise I'll get the lab results back Tuesday, his lungs and heart sounded good. His blood pressure wasn't even high for being slight annoyed at being roused from a nap to go to the doctor. So far so good.
    Poor Joey, are his joints getting bad or anything? I think tubby kitties are just adorable, but its too bad when they start feeling their weight. Maybe you could get a little harnes and start taking him for walks
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

  2. #13462
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: For animal lovers

    MRD gabriel. I love that line, I'll have to make sure I remind Louie how fortunate he is to be the only dog.

    CaliLily I'm sorry to hear about Augie. I didn't know animals can get alzheimers. I'm learning so much around here!

    Just an added comment, I was in Italy last month and I could not believe how welcome pets are everywhere you go. You see them in cafe's sitting nicely while Mom and Dad are having their espresso's, or in the grocery store, or off leash in the villages. One evening we went to an outdoor festival, and I saw three dogs, off leash, walking with their owners. One couple stopped to talk to someone and their dog immediately sat and waited. As soon as they were done, he/she got up and continued walking with Mom and Dad.

    I'm attaching a pic of Max, he was in an espresso bar while his Dad had his morning coffee. I told him to sit, but of course he didn't understand English.

    ">
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 09-04-2009 at 02:47 PM.

  3. #13463
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: For animal lovers

    Cali, I'm so sorry about Augie. I didn't know dogs could get alzheimers. I bet he's loving the taco bell. Just spoil the heck out of him.

    Europe is MUCH more advanced about dogs than we are. I love that they can go anywhere. I love that about our downtown too. Many outdoor cafes let you have them and a lot of the stores let them in. There are also water bowls put out in front of various stores downtown for their drinking pleasure and of course the park downtown is very dog friendly. Bogie likes to wade just above the falls. They love going downtown and we take them to the Barkery Bistro for treats when we do.

    Bogie is alseep under my desk and dreaming and making a weird barking noise and "running". Too funny.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  4. #13464
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3690298;
    Cali, I'm so sorry about Augie. I didn't know dogs could get alzheimers. I bet he's loving the taco bell. Just spoil the heck out of him.

    Europe is MUCH more advanced about dogs than we are. I love that they can go anywhere. I love that about our downtown too. Many outdoor cafes let you have them and a lot of the stores let them in. There are also water bowls put out in front of various stores downtown for their drinking pleasure and of course the park downtown is very dog friendly. Bogie likes to wade just above the falls. They love going downtown and we take them to the Barkery Bistro for treats when we do.

    Bogie is alseep under my desk and dreaming and making a weird barking noise and "running". Too funny.
    That is so nice to hear mrd. We have several dog parks around here, I've never been to one, I'm not sure about them yet, and all the pet stores allow animals in. There are a couple of ice cream stands (the old fashion outdoor type) that have doggie cones. The Barkery Bistro sounds wonderful! Too cute.

    I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say about doggie parks. Good or bad or maybe?

  5. #13465
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3690272;
    Poor Joey, are his joints getting bad or anything? I think tubby kitties are just adorable, but its too bad when they start feeling their weight. Maybe you could get a little harnes and start taking him for walks
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

    No his joints are okay so far. He is only 13 (67 human) he had lost weight but then I screwed up the pattern and never got back into it.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  6. #13466
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3690450;
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

    No his joints are okay so far. He is only 13 (67 human) he had lost weight but then I screwed up the pattern and never got back into it.
    Monet is just a year older, so I feel a lot better about his weight.
    I would try and feed him the light food - wet and dry Science Diet is esp. good. It comes in light varieties and they do take the weight off. My Siamese was able to regain his svelte figure just by switching to the light.
    And, the light must be fairly tasty, as none of my guys have ever turned up their noses at it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  7. #13467
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3690456;
    Monet is just a year older, so I feel a lot better about his weight.
    I would try and feed him the light food - wet and dry Science Diet is esp. good. It comes in light varieties and they do take the weight off. My Siamese was able to regain his svelte figure just by switching to the light.
    And, the light must be fairly tasty, as none of my guys have ever turned up their noses at it.
    Joey has a dry food mix of Iams and Wellness healthy weight mixed.
    Joey has Wellness wet Salmon and trout
    Joey has Wellness wet Sardine, Shrimp and Crab
    Joey has Merricks California Roll
    Joey HATES science diet
    Joey turns his nose up at ANYTHING the Doctor recommended

    Here is his routine:

    First thing in the morning (before daddy gets coffee, but after the fresh water is gotten in the bowls and the box is scooped) Joey gets a half of a 3 ounce can of Sardine Shrimp and Crab. (this will also be left out if there is any left.)
    Before Daddy goes to work, he puts out the 1/3 of a cup of the dry food mix.

    When Daddy gets home, Joey gets a tablespoon of people ALBACORE WHITE tuna. (Daddy gives out fresh water at this time also)

    Just before bed (daddys) Joey gets 1/2 of a 3 ounce can of Salmon and Trout or the California Roll and Daddy MUST put the hard food away (this is where I was slipping) and Daddy MUST cut back on the friskies party mix (Beachside crunch)....

    It is all Daddys fault........

    When I followed the routine, he had lost about a half pound.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  8. #13468
    FORT Fanatic CaliLily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: For animal lovers

    Joey is sure one high maintainence boy!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

  9. #13469
    Wait, what? ArchieComic Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Farm
    Posts
    4,787

    Re: For animal lovers

    CaliLily, I'm sorry to hear about Augie. I've long suspected my little guy is developing dementia. He's totally blind and at times his behavior is very forgetful and disoriented, not just associated with the blindness. It's hard to see them age and develop the same illnesses and diseases people do .

    gabriel, I think Joey eats better than I do! He's one lucky guy.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

  10. #13470
    Go Teams! inthegarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3690538;
    Joey has a dry food mix of Iams and Wellness healthy weight mixed.
    Joey has Wellness wet Salmon and trout
    Joey has Wellness wet Sardine, Shrimp and Crab
    Joey has Merricks California Roll
    Joey HATES science diet
    Joey turns his nose up at ANYTHING the Doctor recommended

    Here is his routine:

    First thing in the morning (before daddy gets coffee, but after the fresh water is gotten in the bowls and the box is scooped) Joey gets a half of a 3 ounce can of Sardine Shrimp and Crab. (this will also be left out if there is any left.)
    Before Daddy goes to work, he puts out the 1/3 of a cup of the dry food mix.

    When Daddy gets home, Joey gets a tablespoon of people ALBACORE WHITE tuna. (Daddy gives out fresh water at this time also)

    Just before bed (daddys) Joey gets 1/2 of a 3 ounce can of Salmon and Trout or the California Roll and Daddy MUST put the hard food away (this is where I was slipping) and Daddy MUST cut back on the friskies party mix (Beachside crunch)....

    It is all Daddys fault........

    When I followed the routine, he had lost about a half pound.
    No Chloe, you can't go live with gabriel and joey....
    She likes Whiskers Lickin's, crunchy tuna for nightly fetching. She has to run to get her treats.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.