+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3686264;
    THis is the real Henry, but Simon kept him from acting the way he's always wanted to act. OR he saw Simon doing it and has always wanted too and now's his chance.
    I agree. This is the REAL Henry and he was kept in check by Simon.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

I picture Henry singing: "I'm free to be me!!!!"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I think Henry has realized he's the TOP DOG now. The only things holding him back are you and Mr. Doxie.

I accidentally locked my chihuahua Paulo in a dark bathroom for 1/2 an hour Saturday night. Poor little guy wanted to be held for 2 hours afterwards as compensation!

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3686238;
    So, we are pretty sure that the late, great Simon's spirit has now POSSESSED our sweet Henry...

For the last week, Henry has been doing stuff that he never did before. I've caught him ON the dining room table twice
    The mental pictire is hilarious.

When we first rescued Ricky our coon hound, we'd come home to find him standing on the kitchen table. Every day! My daughter would freak out and ask where he was raised. We don't know what his early life was like but he came to us with a branding mark on him. He's now the sweetest dog and has left his table-standing days behind him.

MRD

If we didn't keep the chairs pushed in under the table, Rosie would get up in a chair and get on the table. It's been a good long while since she's done that, but it trained US to always push our chairs in. I can't imagine seeing a coon hound standing on the table. Little Rosie was bad enough.

We had a friend who didn't want his wife's cat getting on the table or the counter, so he sprayed both with Pam one day. She said she heard this godawful racket followed by a thud and a rourww!!. The cat had jumped on the counter and apparantly skated across the counter and hit the fridge (leaving a trail in its wake of pam and cat hair). When she got there, it was back on the floor shaking itself and grooming with a look of "I meant to do that". She said that the cat never got on the counters or table again. I also think it was a long time before the hubby was allowed back in his own bedroom after doing that. He got the sofa until HE learned not to pam the counters again.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

We decided to get our chocolate lab, Abby, a sister. Her name is Molly and surprisingly, they get along
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3687571;
    We decided to get our chocolate lab, Abby, a sister. Her name is Molly and surprisingly, they get along
    Oh my gosh, Molly is adorable. I love that name. I have been thinking for so long to get my Louie a brother or sister, this has pushed me closer towards actually doing it!

I'm glad to hear they get along, they'll be best pals before you know it.

How cute is she?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3687506;
    If we didn't keep the chairs pushed in under the table, Rosie would get up in a chair and get on the table. It's been a good long while since she's done that, but it trained US to always push our chairs in. I can't imagine seeing a coon hound standing on the table. Little Rosie was bad enough.

We had a friend who didn't want his wife's cat getting on the table or the counter, so he sprayed both with Pam one day. She said she heard this godawful racket followed by a thud and a rourww!!. The cat had jumped on the counter and apparantly skated across the counter and hit the fridge (leaving a trail in its wake of pam and cat hair). When she got there, it was back on the floor shaking itself and grooming with a look of "I meant to do that". She said that the cat never got on the counters or table again. I also think it was a long time before the hubby was allowed back in his own bedroom after doing that. He got the sofa until HE learned not to pam the counters again.
    Thanks for the story MRD. A good laugh is just what I needed this morning.

combatcutie - Molly is beautiful. I've always loved Chocolate Labs. We've had a couple of Yellow Labs but never Choc. Maybe someday. Congratulations on the new addition to the family.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3687571;
    She is too cute!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread