+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    wolfie, simba is ADORABLE! i could just eat him up with a spoon!

re: the cocker ear infections, a good way to get around them is to (1) after each bath or grooming, use the "blue" drying solution. it's wonderful. (2) also, to help avoid them altogether, i used to give my cockers plain yogurt. they lapped it up readily and it kept the yeast in check.
    Not sure what the "blue" drying solution is. I've been to the petstore and I only saw ear pads to clean their ears. But I'm using this fluid solution the vet gave me to clean his ears out (almost every day, if I don't forget. ).

I'll try to buy some plain yogurt for Simba. He is a picky eater, but I'm sure he will love the yogurt. Thanks for that tip, Sher.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    thanks everyone, Ponsonby is doing well, he treats the ear with gentle care and I think the hair growing back itches as he scratches at it everynow and then but I make sure he takes care when doing it..........Oh by the way, I named him....its the executive producer of the Rocky and Bullwinkle show....Ponsonby Britt

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    callie that second picture, I can't even say how cute that is, nose buried in the grass!
    Thanks!!! I totally agree... she looks so adorable in that picture...

Crazy Cat Lady

http://www.stupid.com/stat/CCLF.html

Who here was the inspiration for this lovely action figure? Admit it! That's me in 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    Crazy Cat Lady

http://www.stupid.com/stat/CCLF.html

Who here was the inspiration for this lovely action figure? Admit it! That's me in 20 years.
    I'm standing right next to you in line. My friends and co workers said I'll be the crazy catman of Farwell Avenue.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fan
    I have to take my cat to the vet today. Something is wrong with her and I don't know what. Started two nights ago... I noticed she couldn't sleep. While she was laying down, she wouldn't leave my side, but couldn't go to sleep. She was laying on her back all night and looking up at me then would meow every time I'd look at her. She kept me up all night...
    Wednesday morning our usual routine wasn't so usual. We usually take a shower together... I'm in the shower and she sits at the corner of the shower. But, not this day.. after I got out of the shower, I looked for her and she was hiding under my bed. I took off from work so I could keep a close watch on her....
    She couldn't sit still. She would move about the house.. find a place to lay down.. stay there for a bit.. then move about some place else. BUT she never slept all day. Cats sleep all day usually.
    Same thing last night... she layed in bed with me all night... but couldn't sleep, couldn't sit still.

Anyway... a few months ago.. she under-went a drastic sort of treatment. She had tumor of the thyroid and I chose to have her have radioactive iodine. Kills the tumor. Until tuesday, she seemed great. No problems.

My heart is broken and I can't stop crying. I can't lose her...!!!!

sweetdreams, I'm so sorry your baby isn't well. I have two cats myself and I worry myself sick about them (my fiancÚ thinks I'm being overprotective, but I just love them so, so much). The very thought of losing them is absolutely heartbreaking. Hopefully, your kittie will be fine. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and your baby!
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Aw, Sweet. I hope everything works out for the good.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Fogey
    I'm sorry to hear that your kitty's not feeling well, Sweetdreams, so we'll be saying our prayers for you here at The Dog House!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    awww Sweetdreams. I hope everything works out for your kitty.

+ Reply to Thread