+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1384Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Well in this religion the doubters will not be asking if there IS a Waldo, but WHERE is Waldo.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Bunny - so glad that everyone is safe. Our tornado "safe place" is my closet and Henry follows us right in when we have to take shelter.

Henry has embraced the concept of Waldoism as well. He's currently trying to perform the miracle of turning water into cheese.

And, there must be something to this optimistic, happy concept. Henry went to get his nails clipped this morning and for the first time EVER he didn't collapse in a pitiful heap in the parking lot and he did not cry/scream at ALL when they were clipping his nails!

He was unexpectedly rewarded for his saintly behavior when Mr. Doxie carried him into the bookstore next door (they let small dogs in if you carry them or have them in your purse ) They have a small shop inside that sells coffee/cookies/pastries/ice cream/etc and the girl behind the counter made Henry a free "doggy sundae" It was a little cup of vanilla ice cream with a bone shaped biscotti in it. Henry loved every minute of that!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Doxie, If Henry is able to accomplish that feat, please don't let him spread the word. My girls and boy covet cheese but living in the aftermath of it is a nightmare to those of us around them

I am proud of him for being so brave while getting his mani/pedi but am at the thought of him fitting in a purse.....a duffel bag maybe.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3675307;
    Bunny - so glad that everyone is safe. Our tornado "safe place" is my closet and Henry follows us right in when we have to take shelter.

Henry has embraced the concept of Waldoism as well. He's currently trying to perform the miracle of turning water into cheese.

And, there must be something to this optimistic, happy concept. Henry went to get his nails clipped this morning and for the first time EVER he didn't collapse in a pitiful heap in the parking lot and he did not cry/scream at ALL when they were clipping his nails!

He was unexpectedly rewarded for his saintly behavior when Mr. Doxie carried him into the bookstore next door (they let small dogs in if you carry them or have them in your purse ) They have a small shop inside that sells coffee/cookies/pastries/ice cream/etc and the girl behind the counter made Henry a free "doggy sundae" It was a little cup of vanill
    a ice cream with a bone shaped biscotti in it. Henry loved every minute of that!
    Wow, Waldoism's first miracle: Henry was a good boy getting his nails clipped.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fanatic

Okay, need some help. I posted this on another board also. My beloved 15 year cocker spaniel greeted me this morning with the runs on my carpet. As I've been lucky this has never happened before, what can I use to get the stains and odors out? He will go to the vet, and I'm not mad in anyway, just want a good solution.

Thanks in advance!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Natures Miracle
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3675411;
    Doxie, If Henry is able to accomplish that feat, please don't let him spread the word. My girls and boy covet cheese but living in the aftermath of it is a nightmare to those of us around them

I am proud of him for being so brave while getting his mani/pedi but am at the thought of him fitting in a purse.....a duffel bag maybe.
    Henry will not be getting into any of my purses. especially if he accomplishes the cheese miracle! I just meant that a lot of women here carry their tiny little dogs around in their purses. I'd have to have a suitcase on wheels to haul Henry around like that but Mr. D carries Henry's long wriggly self into stores occasionally.

chitex - Nature's Miracle is probably the best. We've also used Woolite's "Pet Stain" carpet cleaner and it works well on small spots. And, Home Depot's "Zep" line of cleaners work well too. We use the foaming spray - it comes in a can. Hope your baby is feeling better soon!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

FORT Fanatic

Thanks Gabriel and Doxie, I found Nature's Miracle. So far Sam has only had one small accident on the tile, so far so good. But I can tell he's not feeling real well, but lots of trips outside, and even the chihuaha isn't bothering him. (can't spell today)
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

I hope Sam is doing better soon. Let us know.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

My cat, Monet, had urinated on the carpet a couple of times a few months ago. Immediately, I brought him into vet and all was good. I checked the Internet and, as nothing in the household had changed, I took the top off the litter box as he's a big boy and that seemed to help. Problem went away. Then, I saw this mornning, he'd had 2 "accidents" on carpet. Went and bought Feliway and sprayed it on the spots in question. I ran into a cat rescue lady at the pet store and she said I might want to see about Prozac for him.
    Has anybody here used Feliway and had success, or has anyone put their cat on Prozac? Monet has been pretty skittish since I adopted him 2 years ago. He hides whenever company comes and I'd never had that with my other cats, all of whom were sociable.
    I'm going to call Vet tomorrow, but I definitely think it's behavioral as the last time there was nothing physically wrong, either.
    Any suggestions from my fellow cat people?
    Many thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread