+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

That is a great story doxie! I can just imagine Simon's little face lighting up when you give the stocking to him.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

What a wonderful story Doxie. Thanks for sharing it.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3663315;
    One of my ex husband's favorite stories to tell was how he was visited by the ghost of his dead cat shortly after she died. Felt the cat jump on his bed and everything! I might have believed him if he hadn't proven to be certifiable. Whenever we now argue I always ask how the "ghost cat" is.
    Here's another one that will sound nuts to you. I did see my gurl who died, Gail, about a week after she left us. I was sitting at the foot of my bed with another of my gurls, and we looked to the top of the stairs at the same time, and there she sat. She looked at us, turned around and went down the steps. Miss Shay and I just looked at each other, but neither of us moved. Talk about things that make you go, "Hmmm...." It did not scare me or spook me. Haven't seen her since.

On my next trip to the vet, he asked if I had seen her. Another For him to ask me that, it struck me that this may not be an uncommon phenomenon.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Have any of you considered sending a story into the Pets section of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books? I love reading those books and they have so many beautiful stories about our furry friends.

I was just wondering because so many of you here have such great and inspiring storys about your pets.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3663649;
    Here's another one that will sound nuts to you. I did see my gurl who died, Gail, about a week after she left us. I was sitting at the foot of my bed with another of my gurls, and we looked to the top of the stairs at the same time, and there she sat. She looked at us, turned around and went down the steps. Miss Shay and I just looked at each other, but neither of us moved. Talk about things that make you go, "Hmmm...." It did not scare me or spook me. Haven't seen her since.

On my next trip to the vet, he asked if I had seen her. Another For him to ask me that, it struck me that this may not be an uncommon phenomenon.
    I've seen Mona twice since she died in Jan 2007.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3661844;
    Here's a question: Since you're not there, how do you know what she does?

And I guess you all can ask about my "invisible cats" since you've never seen pics of any of them either!
    Well, I guess she could throw parties like that kitty litter commercial

Doxie that was so sweet of you, and what a great memory too.

Doxie, that story made me so happy for Simon. I hope someone fulfills one of my wishes when it's my time.

I've never seen a "ghost" pet, but I've felt one. I used to have a pekingese named Julius, he was the sweetest boy ever. He was deathly afraid of thunderstorms, and if I heard one I would find him and hold him to make him feel better. If it happened at night when we were sleeping he would cuddle as close as possible and I would hug him. The summer after he passed away, there was a HUGE thunderstorm. I woke up and reached for Julius out of habit and held him close. It wasn't until the next morning that I remembered that Julius was gone. I think he came to cuddle one last time. If it was real or just a dream it made me happy that entire day.

Wow! Hi Folks, I didn't realize this thread existed! I have a question I'm wondering if anyone can help. I have a two yr old Shih Tzu, Louie, the love of my life. He is my first dog. He is the fussiest eater ever! He never used to be that way, but lately he will go in eating spurts. He'll be in a routine where he eats in the morning and evening. Then, comes a period of time where he won't eat for a few days, then back to his routine. I've changed dog food, he'll be ok for awhile, then back to the non eating period.

I was away for two weeks, and during that time, he ate very little. We thought once I returned, he would be back to normal, but he's not, its been a week now. I have tried several different things, he likes shredded carrots, I would add some of that, or put a little puppy gravey in his bowl, or tiny pieces of cooked chicken, nothing works. He smells his dish, and walks off like "oh brother, that again"?

He is normal in every other way. Today I decided no more little dry biscuits. He usually gets one little bone biscuit when I take him out to potty. He looks forward to that, and has ever since he was a puppy. No more treats of anykind, eventually he'll have to get hungry and eat right? I hope I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3665850;
    Doxie, that story made me so happy for Simon. I hope someone fulfills one of my wishes when it's my time.

I've never seen a "ghost" pet, but I've felt one. I used to have a pekingese named Julius, he was the sweetest boy ever. He was deathly afraid of thunderstorms, and if I heard one I would find him and hold him to make him feel better. If it happened at night when we were sleeping he would cuddle as close as possible and I would hug him. The summer after he passed away, there was a HUGE thunderstorm. I woke up and reached for Julius out of habit and held him close. It wasn't until the next morning that I remembered that Julius was gone. I think he came to cuddle one last time. If it was real or just a dream it made me happy that entire day.
    This is an amazing story. My Louie is so afraid of thunderstorms too, he always gets as close as possible to me, so I can imagine how it used to be for you. I'm glad to hear you were comforted one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3663649;

That is remarkable. I have no doubt that Gail returned one last time to you and Miss Shay.

I'll have to go back and read more of this thread, amazing stuff.

+ Reply to Thread