+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3658772;

I think it's the same sound that my dear departed cat, Dex, used to make when he wanted to eat in the morning.
    Oh my gosh, Dex was so cute!!! I've never seen a kitty face like that. Precious.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

This picture of Tatonka was taken last weekend. I thought it was funny because it reminded me of 'Okrahoma'. Tatonka dosn't do veggies, she is more of a 'laying amongst the flowers' kind of dog.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3658321;
    I thought this was too cute. My co-worker sent this to me earlier today.

The couple in this picture had their camera on a timer. While they were posing for their picture a little surprise popped up.
    Talk about priceless! How cute is that?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3660341;
    OK, I forgot that Miss Chloe will come to the kitchen if she hears bags coming into the house. She actually likes to root through them, like a nosy kid. And if I announce that I've got a box....here comes Miss Nosy Chloe to see if it's "sit-able". All I have to yell is "I've got a box!". Works better than tuna!
    Well of course, those bags need inspectin'.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3660921;
    Our Chloe is afraid and hides when we're gone. I always leave the radio on for her and that seems to help. When we come in the door we yell " We're home" and in a few minutes she runs out and just talks and talks.
    To tell you all about the scary place she was hiding in.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3660944;
    Thanks. And he knew it, too.
    In fact, whenever people would comment on my Siamese (when they were both alive), he'd get in their face as if to say, "What about moi?"

Here are the 2 of them - Dex and Chaucer. Both incredibly beautiful cats. Shh, don't tell Monet I showed this picture, or he'll get jealous.

How beautiful they are and by the way --
    A telegram with a PAW PRINT has just arrived here with the following message:

HISSSSSSSSSSS....

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3661085;
    Monet sounds like Chloe, she hides too. She will peep down the stairs at company, but if anyone acknowledge she is there...ZOOM... she is gone.
    If we are outside on the patio, she climbs on the back of a chair and peeps out the window, but ducks down if someone looks at her, like Mrs. Cravets from ' Bewitched'
    We call her "Puff of Smoke".
    Now I have Mrs. Kravitz in my head -- thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3661510;
    I have an "invisible" cat...Miss Sashay. She hides whenever anyone comes around. I took to calling her "my invisible cat" at work and, one day, one of my more favorite naive coworkers asked, in a very wary and tentative tone of voice, as she tucked her head and, carefully, peeked up at me...."...And can everybody see this invisible cat?" I laughed 'til I cried, realizing how I must sound to somebody who doesn't have animals! I reassured her that she did, indeed, exist and that I was not losing my mind!
    Sure you do -- *rolleyes*

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3661654;
    This picture of Tatonka was taken last weekend. I thought it was funny because it reminded me of 'Okrahoma'. Tatonka dosn't do veggies, she is more of a 'laying amongst the flowers' kind of dog.
    A flower child she is.
    Last edited by just1paul; 08-13-2009 at 07:54 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3660921;
    Our Chloe is afraid and hides when we're gone. I always leave the radio on for her and that seems to help. When we come in the door we yell " We're home" and in a few minutes she runs out and just talks and talks.
    Here's a question: Since you're not there, how do you know what she does?

And I guess you all can ask about my "invisible cats" since you've never seen pics of any of them either!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3661844;

And I guess you all can ask about my "invisible cats" since you've never seen pics of any of them either!
    One of my ex husband's favorite stories to tell was how he was visited by the ghost of his dead cat shortly after she died. Felt the cat jump on his bed and everything! I might have believed him if he hadn't proven to be certifiable. Whenever we now argue I always ask how the "ghost cat" is.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3661654;
    Henry usually enjoys the flowers too! That's why we thought it was sso funny when he started hanging out in Okrahoma! tatonka is adorable and looks very content!

Shay.. You NEED to post some pics of your gurls!

I wanted to share one last Simon story with y'all. It's not meant to make anyone sad, but just a bittersweet "tale" of something that we did for him.

When Simon was a puppy, my mom knit him a Christmas stocking. For 15 years, he tried to destroy that stocking and I always took it away or rescued it from him. The night before we had him put to sleep, I got out the stocking and just let him have at it. He got SO excited when he saw it and had more energy than he'd had in weeks. Mr. D and I sat on the couch and laughed/cried while our sweet old boy tore into that stocking. He ripped and chewed and tugged and gnawed until he wore himself out and fell asleep on top of the shreds. He spent his last night very peacefully sleeping with the remnants.

I always knew that he wanted to destroy that thing and I knew that I would regret it if I didn't at least let him try. I am SO glad that I did that - just knowing that I made a dream come true for him made the last trip to the vet and the days since then MUCH more bearable. I laugh every time I think about his little face when he saw that stocking and realized that he could, after so many years of trying, FINALLY eat it.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3663337;
    I wanted to share one last Simon story with y'all. It's not meant to make anyone sad, but just a bittersweet "tale" of something that we did for him.

When Simon was a puppy, my mom knit him a Christmas stocking. For 15 years, he tried to destroy that stocking and I always took it away or rescued it from him. The night before we had him put to sleep, I got out the stocking and just let him have at it. He got SO excited when he saw it and had more energy than he'd had in weeks. Mr. D and I sat on the couch and laughed/cried while our sweet old boy tore into that stocking. He ripped and chewed and tugged and gnawed until he wore himself out and fell asleep on top of the shreds. He spent his last night very peacefully sleeping with the remnants.

I always knew that he wanted to destroy that thing and I knew that I would regret it if I didn't at least let him try. I am SO glad that I did that - just knowing that I made a dream come true for him made the last trip to the vet and the days since then MUCH more bearable. I laugh every time I think about his little face when he saw that stocking and realized that he could, after so many years of trying, FINALLY eat it.
    Awwww....Simon was a lucky guy to have been loved for so long Doxie,

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3663337;

What a great story to bring a smile to our faces, I can just imagine Simons joy in being able to shred that stocking, and what a wonderful thing you did! You just let us know here anytime a Simon story is remembered and I am sure we will want to read it!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

doxie, that memory will be much better to keep than that stocking. How sweet of you to finally let him rip it to shreds!

norealityhere, both your past cats are gorgeous, but tell Monet I said so is plain old black! I don't have hiding kitty problems. My two are waiting right inside meowing away when I get home, and unless the visitor is or has a toddler with them, BooBoo is right there demanding LOTS of attention. Ringo takes his time with unknown people, but once used to them, he is big on giving out head butts and leg rubs.

BooBoo is chief parcel inspector here, even though she eats NO human foods. Even if the bag has only plastic or glass items in it, she has to check them all. In fact, she even demands L open his gym bag when he comes over, so she can check everything in there, I guess to make sure he remembered clean socks and underwear.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3663315;
    One of my ex husband's favorite stories to tell was how he was visited by the ghost of his dead cat shortly after she died. Felt the cat jump on his bed and everything! I might have believed him if he hadn't proven to be certifiable. Whenever we now argue I always ask how the "ghost cat" is.
    This has me

All 3 dogs go bonkers when anyone comes in the door. You can't get in for all 3 of them jumping, wagging, licking and just generally being in the way. Even if I go to the mailbox and come back. At least it's nice to be missed. But it's not so nice when we have company, so they have to go upstairs until after the company arrives and then they can come down and greet. It's much easier that way.

Doxie, you provided Simon with his "make a wish".

Did you know that Henri (with an "I", not "Y") is one of this year's hurricane names???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread