+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

I got it to work Callie, I had to "view image" it. She's a pumpkin!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Don't let that face fool anyone, she's usually full of piss n' vinegar Just with me and the Mister, though, she's nice to everyone else.
    I was gonna say! Blu isn't full of piss n' vinegar at all :nono She LURVES me plenty It was so cute, when I went up to visit Texi last summer, her 'lil Blu sat at the window watching me leave, and then from what I was told kept looking for my car outside long after I had gone. Sweet 'lil booger she is!

Color me annoyed.

I agreed to be a foster mom for kitties. The rescue group has an alliance with the mayor, on the internet looked fine, I talked with the woman about the cat, etc. I told her I'm here to help, but can't handle another sick, disabled animal after what happened to mine. She said they are all screened, free of everything, etc.

She comes here, hands me two bottles of medication that the cat needs to be on for the next eight days. The Bene-bac I understand, in high stress situations it helps with digestion. But there's also an antibiotic. They say the woman whose house they were rescued from had 7 cats in one room, and want my number. Uhm, no. They were rescued FROM you. They also tell me she was checked out by a vet, but not by one of theirs, by a vet that is 'a joke.' They also had a whole litter of kittens in the car, so couldn't stay. Then, after saying how nice it would be to have this cat alone in a big apartment like mine, they tell me they'd like to bring over another one.

MY new foster kitty is still under the bed, I'm off to put a bowl of water under there. Poor thing, I'm debating bringing it to my vet, but I didn't want to invest money in this, just time, and can't afford it - hence the fosteringnot the adopting.

She's a beauty though, big ol' gray cat with white paws. I don't look forward to pilling.

Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    This is my dog.. she's an old girl, but she sure doesn't act like it. I've never met a dog with so many names, but her birth name is Cookie. She goes by Cookie Girl, MONSTERS!, Tuco (from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly), and Puppy Girl... she'll answer to all those names.

I've had other dogs, and I've met ALOT of dogs, and everyone tells me what a good dog Cookie Girl is... She even smiles! When she gets so excited or happy, she shows her teeth (like she was growling) but shes wagging her tail. It's so cute.. it really looks like she's smiling

Is it obvious that I love my puppy girl?
    Hmmm.. I dunno why the pics won't come up.. but I'm gonna try again...
    Last edited by Callie; 11-02-2006 at 12:08 AM.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    What a cute little punkin, Callie!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I was gonna say! Blu isn't full of piss n' vinegar at all :nono She LURVES me plenty It was so cute, when I went up to visit Texi last summer, her 'lil Blu sat at the window watching me leave, and then from what I was told kept looking for my car outside long after I had gone. Sweet 'lil booger she is!
    Blu loves some Aunt Libs She wants you to visit soon

Libs has some gorgeous kitty cats.

callie that second picture, I can't even say how cute that is, nose buried in the grass!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    ok, i had the night from hell..... I got home the other night and Ponsonby was in his cage, I ask the wife why is he in there she gets up, (its 12:30am) and says for me to look at his ear he has a cut she can't get to stop bleeding cause he keeps flapping his ears. man was he covered in blood as this is dripping slowly, I tried to bandage it up, failed and took him to the emergency all-night vet, $500 later and an ear trim he is doing better I think, wife is off to an agility compitition and hasn't bothered to call me and let me know what is going on. probly mad at me cause I got on her for waiting till I got home to do something about it, it had been going on since 9pm. I so wanted to bop her upside the head like David Spade does on the that commercial of his.....what a long exhausting night

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    That sucks, Joe. I'm glad Ponsonby's doing better.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Awww....poor Ponsonby. Joe, I would've been mad too if I saw my dog wasn't attended to right away. Although $500 is a lot of money, it's worth it when you see your doggie all better.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    . . . (its 12:30am) . . . I got on her for waiting till I got home to do something about it, it had been going on since 9pm. I so wanted to bop her upside the head . . .
    Wow, joeguy, what a terrible thing to have to go through. I'd have wanted to whack her upside the head, too!!!

I hope Pons recovers quickly and nothing like this happens again!!!

+ Reply to Thread