+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3587376;
    I caught these two checking each other out yesterday.
    That is a great pic Lil Bit!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3588463;
    Great Pics! I have to wonder what Henry would do if he ever got that close to a cow.....

Y'all may remember that Henry spent several weeks sleeping in our veggie garden when we first planted it. Well, we "harvested" Okrahoma for the first time yesterday and we have the prettiest, greenest, biggest okra that I've seen in a long time!

Henry got a bath this morning and was quite put out, but the weather has been so nice that he is in much better spirits after sleeping in the sunshine on the patio this afternoon!
    Did Henry get any spoils from Okrahoma?

How is Simon these days?

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3589306;
    Did Henry get any spoils from Okrahoma?

How is Simon these days?
    We haven't cooked the okra yet, but I'm sure that Henry will get a bite or two.

Thanks for asking about Simon. We're still trying to make him as comfortable as possible and spoil him. He's still eating fine and sees the vet (who, frankly, is amazed that he has lasted this long) every two weeks or so. The vet assures us that Simon isn't in any pain other than the expected "old age aches".... Simon has been having a lot of "potty issues" so we spend a lot of time both hauling him outside and following him around with floor/carpet cleaner. Again though, I think part of that is due to old age. Basically he just sleeps a lot, but he still sits by the front window and waits for Mr. Doxie to get home from work
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I took Roxie to the vet to be spayed this morning and like the big dope I am, I started crying when I had to leave her. I'm trying to remember, but I think this is the first time that I'll be away from her overnight since we got her. The vet said that I can come up this afternoon and walk her and then he'll show me how to give her the pain meds that they will be sending home with her.

Geez, I don't remember feeling this weepy even when I sent my kids off to school for the first time. Maybe it's hormones.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3598803;
    I took Roxie to the vet to be spayed this morning and like the big dope I am, I started crying when I had to leave her. I'm trying to remember, but I think this is the first time that I'll be away from her overnight since we got her. The vet said that I can come up this afternoon and walk her and then he'll show me how to give her the pain meds that they will be sending home with her.

Geez, I don't remember feeling this weepy even when I sent my kids off to school for the first time. Maybe it's hormones.
    Believe me, it is NOT hormones. Last year when I took Joey in for his teeth cleaning and tooth removal I was ok until I handed him over to the technician, then I started getting "runny". I couldn't wait until a few hours later when I picked him up.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3600429;
    Believe me, it is NOT hormones. Last year when I took Joey in for his teeth cleaning and tooth removal I was ok until I handed him over to the technician, then I started getting "runny". I couldn't wait until a few hours later when I picked him up.
    Same here. When I had my kitty Moo I took her in to get spayed/declawed and the day I was to pick her up we had a horrible blizzard and got 3 feet of snow. Sad to say my itty bitty sports car couldn't even back up a foot in the parking lot because of it all so I had to wait for 3 days for them to clear everything off the streets. I was a wreck the whole time since it was only supposed to be an overnight thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3600795;
    Same here. When I had my kitty Moo I took her in to get spayed/declawed and the day I was to pick her up we had a horrible blizzard and got 3 feet of snow. Sad to say my itty bitty sports car couldn't even back up a foot in the parking lot because of it all so I had to wait for 3 days for them to clear everything off the streets. I was a wreck the whole time since it was only supposed to be an overnight thing.
    I bet that was horrible CaliLily. It seems strange not having her around and it's only been a day.

I went up and visited Roxie this afternoon. She came through it fine. She was a bit groggy still when I was there, but happy to see me. I sat with her in my lap for awhile and petted her and she fell asleep. She cried when I left, but I feel better after seeing her and spending time with her.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Same for me Lil Bit, it is hard leaving them. It is good to hear, that Roxie is doing fine, she will be home before you know it and in a few days back to rubbing noses with the cows and begging for treats.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3600819;
    I bet that was horrible CaliLily. It seems strange not having her around and it's only been a day.

I went up and visited Roxie this afternoon. She came through it fine. She was a bit groggy still when I was there, but happy to see me. I sat with her in my lap for awhile and petted her and she fell asleep. She cried when I left, but I feel better after seeing her and spending time with her.
    I'm glad to hear she came through it alright. Being without them like this sure makes you realize just how big of a part of your life these sweet little beings are.

I'm glad Roxie made it through her surgery OK. And good job getting her spayed, Lil Bit. Bob Barker would be very happy. :-)

+ Reply to Thread