+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

gut happy,but calm and restful thoughts coming to Taro and to you from me and all my gang.

Well, I just couldn't do it... every time I thought of my buddy in a cage with other dogs barking and strangers handling him, it made me sick to my stomach. So I arranged for my Little Sister to come and walk/feed him. I'll probably have to clean the rug when I get home, but I'll put down paper. She'll only be able to come once a day - her mom's driving her from the next town over. But he'll get to stay at home with his pet cats, sit in the windowsill watching the world go by or on the couch or bed, eat all the cat treats I leave out for them, and sleep all day if he wants.
    Plus, it will be a windfall for my Little Sister while saving me half what I'd pay the kennel. You can redirect your prayers for a safe trip (5 hours each way) for my daughter and I. See you all Monday!
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter,
    You did exactly what I had in the back of my mind! I told myslef that you wouldn't do this and was hoping you would find someone to do what your little sister is doing. Carpets are cleanable, and Taro will be much happier staying at home.

Bless you and prayers for a safe trip.

gut have a safe a happy trip and I'm sure Taro will be much happier and so will you.

Glad you listened to your heart Gut. Maybe keep a radio or even a tv on so pup has some sounds in the house. (I sometimes do that when I leave just to run errands.)

And, of course, lights on a timer so he isn't in the dark all night long!

Have a safe trip!

My friend just moved into a new town house and tonight was her house warming party. Her parents brought her a 4 month female Mastiff puppy (named Chesney- in honor of Kenny Chesney). I swear this dog is the biggest puppy I have ever seen! I am absolutely in love though. She is so gentle and loving, I would love to have one!

I remembered that there was a few people in here who have had experience with Mastiffs and I'm just curious about the breed. My friend said that she is going to be huge when she is full grown and she has already managed to knock a few of us to the ground with one jump. Anyone have some info/ advice for my friend? (She is sitting here with me right now as I write this.) She would greatly appericiate it.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Sorry for the double post. Here is a picture of the little sweetheart. Dosn't she just look so innocent?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Our Mastiff experience didn't turn out well but I'm sure raising the dog from a pup will have entirely different results. Good luck to your friends.....She's beautiful!

What a cutie, calilily!

My BIL used to raise Mastiff's and from what I've seen of his, they are huge, lovable, gentle, slobbery couch potatoes. Other than that I don't know what it's like to actually own one. That is one cute puppy though.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread