+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

My condolences too, Jewelsy. I am hoping that what Gut said somehow rings true....maybe it wasn't coyotes, maybe he is just missing and will come back.

(Coincidentally, my daughter's first cat was named Jasper and the one we have now is named Dusty!)

Jewelsy. you and Jasper are in our thoughts. I know how much both of you will miss the beautiful Dusty.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

jewelsy I'm sorry for your loss, but I wouldn't give up yet unless you have seen evidence that the coyotes actually got Dusty. We have Coyotes too and my Buddy went missing for almost a week several years ago, and the one day reappeared. We figured that the coyotes had him treed somewhere and he waited them out and came back home when it was safe.
    I have also heard of cats going back to there orginal home. He could be exploring his new hunting ground.
    When we had planned a move, I asked my vet what to do with all of mine, and she told me to keep them confined for 4 weeks and then slowly let them have exposure to their new enviroment. I would keep an eye on Jasper and not let him go out unattended incase he goes looking for his buddy.
    I do hope that Dusty comes back. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Jewelsy, so very sorry to read about Dusty. My heart goes out to you. If Jasper wants to go outside, let him, and go with him. He can hear and smell Dusty the best. My thoughts and hopes are with you.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Well, my old dog Taro goes to a kennel tomorrow for 4 days and I'm worried how he'll take it. So if you have a prayer to spare over the weekend, send thoughts his way for a calm, restful stay. Thanks!
    Count your blessings!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Consider it done, Gutmutter. Tell Taro what I used to tell Miles & Claire before boarding them..."this too shall pass". I have to warn you though, it's a tough concept for them to grasp. I always had a special treat or new toys waiting for the cats when they got back home. Try not to worry too much, if possible. Hope Taro has a comfortable, non-stressful, perhaps even interesting and entertaining 4 days.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Good luck, Gut, I really hope it all works out well. Just in case, do you have a backup plan?

We went to Puerto Rico last February to celebrate my mom's 80th birthday and had to put our pooch in the kennel. It is at our vet's, so he was used to going to the vet. (In years past, our other dog never had a problem being boarded there.)

So we took him to the kennel, got on our flight and two days later, while hanging out on the beach, doesn't hubby get a call from the vet on his cell phone. Our little guy was freaking out.....he hadn't eaten a thing, was seriously shaking all the time and was just miserable! Yikes! My one SIL who knows everything told us to have the vet sedate the pooch and he would be fine. (She has no vet degree!)

We ended up calling up one of my daughter's friends and told her what was going on. She and her mom ran up to the vet and bailed him out and took care of him until we returned. He was fine once he got sprung. They love dogs and especially our little guy and said that whenever we needed to go out of town, they would take care of him again.

One of the perks of the condo we moved to last year was a professional home pet sitter right up the block. She comes in 3-4 times a day to feed/play/let out my dog - who has NEVER been in a kennel since we got him. He is so much more comfortable in his own home , where he lets us stay when we are in town.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3552305;
    Well, my old dog Taro goes to a kennel tomorrow for 4 days and I'm worried how he'll take it. So if you have a prayer to spare over the weekend, send thoughts his way for a calm, restful stay. Thanks!
    You do NOT even need to ask. I will have thoughts, prayers and kitty headbumps going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3552305;
    BooBoo says its a shame how we treat old pets, and to Taro--demand MORE of everything good for at least 3 days when you get home, even though the staff at your vet's will treat him very well.
    And, we will send great big happy thoughts and giant purrs your way!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread