+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;3545162;
    I have some sad news. My two 'boys' (cats) and I moved to Arizona about six weeks ago. They were loving life - catching all manner of little critters and bringing their treasures home for me to give them 'attaboys'. They have always stayed close to home and never really wandered, but evidently Dusty got the hunting bug and wandered too far off and got caught by coyotes.

It hurts. Bad. He was 8 and a really sweet companion. His brother, Jasper, won't even come out from underneath the bed (his 'hiding' pace), and when he does, he just roams around crying. I hope he gets over it soon and isn't always so timid and scared.
    Oh no...
    I know you have had him a really long time too, which makes it worse. Please give Jasper extra hugs and snoogles for me. I know his crying is making it worse for you, too. (And, by the way--you were one of the people who urged me to get some kitties way back during the old Christmas party...it took me a while, but I'm really glad I finally did get them.)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Aww Jewels, I'm so sorry. I know how much your boys mean to you. You were just telling me last week how well they were doing with the move and all.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Jewels, I am so sorry to hear about Dusty. Poor Jaspar, he is really hurting. My heart goes out to him and you.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

How awful!

How long has he been gone? Are you sure coyotes got him (you said "evidently")? Any chance he's just missing and will wander home? Sorry for your loss. Give Jasper lots of attention.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Jewels, I'm so sorry about Dusty!

MRD

Jewelsy, I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;3545162;
    I have some sad news. My two 'boys' (cats) and I moved to Arizona about six weeks ago. They were loving life - catching all manner of little critters and bringing their treasures home for me to give them 'attaboys'. They have always stayed close to home and never really wandered, but evidently Dusty got the hunting bug and wandered too far off and got caught by coyotes.

It hurts. Bad. He was 8 and a really sweet companion. His brother, Jasper, won't even come out from underneath the bed (his 'hiding' pace), and when he does, he just roams around crying. I hope he gets over it soon and isn't always so timid and scared.
    I'm so sorry for your loss Jewelsy, you and Jasper are in my thoughts.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm so sorry for your loss Jewelsy.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm so sorry, Jewelsy.

Dusty was a beautiful boy. I hope Jasper can adjust to being an "only" kitty quickly.

+ Reply to Thread