+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Oh Gut, that is too funny. And it sounds like Waldo. I wonder what it is about butter? Waldo left the rib bones in the trash alone and ate the butter last night.

Doxie, I should write to Paula about Waldo.

Gabriel, just as we enjoy the Joey and Mona stories. What would we do without pets in our lives? They are such characters and provide so much entertainment and of course, unconditional love.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3543698;
    Oh Gut, that is too funny. And it sounds like Waldo. I wonder what it is about butter? Waldo left the rib bones in the trash alone and ate the butter last night.

Doxie, I should write to Paula about Waldo.

Gabriel, just as we enjoy the Joey and Mona stories. What would we do without pets in our lives? They are such characters and provide so much entertainment and of course, unconditional love.
    Very, very true MRD. My family went campin for the weekend out to the lake and the dogs provided more entertainment than the fireworks did! Augie actually stole a hot dog out of someone's hand and poor Tatonka was so petrified of the 8-10 kids running around our camp that she cowered under the bed spread in the camper all weekend coming out only to sit on someone's lap for a few min(keep in mind- she is a 60 lb dog... not a lap dog). She was such a ball of nerves that she didn't even go to the bathroom all day yesterday until after the sun had set and the kids were in bed! She did stay outside to watch the fireworks but once they were done and the kids started making noise again- back under the covers.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

MRD

Poor Tatonka. But I am about Augie the hot dog thief.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

he found the butter in a bag of groceries (left the steak and hamburger) and ate the whole pound.
    Wow, I've never heard of a dog with a penchant for butter.
    Last edited by tango7; 07-05-2009 at 06:05 PM.

My dog ate a pound of butter once. Also, we couldn't figure out why she was chewing up the remote controls when she was a pup. My son kept handling them after eating buttered popcorn. She still loves butter but thankfully has outgrown her bad habits.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3544294;
    My dog ate a pound of butter once. Also, we couldn't figure out why she was chewing up the remote controls when she was a pup. My son kept handling them after eating buttered popcorn. She still loves butter but thankfully has outgrown her bad habits.
    Haha! its good to hear that she no longer does this! Augie will do just about anything for food, up to and including stealing paper plates with ketsup out of the firepit (while camping).
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

I have some sad news. My two 'boys' (cats) and I moved to Arizona about six weeks ago. They were loving life - catching all manner of little critters and bringing their treasures home for me to give them 'attaboys'. They have always stayed close to home and never really wandered, but evidently Dusty got the hunting bug and wandered too far off and got caught by coyotes.

It hurts. Bad. He was 8 and a really sweet companion. His brother, Jasper, won't even come out from underneath the bed (his 'hiding' pace), and when he does, he just roams around crying. I hope he gets over it soon and isn't always so timid and scared.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;3545162;
    I have some sad news. My two 'boys' (cats) and I moved to Arizona about six weeks ago. They were loving life - catching all manner of little critters and bringing their treasures home for me to give them 'attaboys'. They have always stayed close to home and never really wandered, but evidently Dusty got the hunting bug and wandered too far off and got caught by coyotes.

It hurts. Bad. He was 8 and a really sweet companion. His brother, Jasper, won't even come out from underneath the bed (his 'hiding' pace), and when he does, he just roams around crying. I hope he gets over it soon and isn't always so timid and scared.
    I wondered about your cat when I saw your avatar. He was a beautiful boy. Cats do tend to rebound and I think Jasper probably will soon.
    I am very sorry for your loss.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;3545162;
    I have some sad news. My two 'boys' (cats) and I moved to Arizona about six weeks ago. They were loving life - catching all manner of little critters and bringing their treasures home for me to give them 'attaboys'. They have always stayed close to home and never really wandered, but evidently Dusty got the hunting bug and wandered too far off and got caught by coyotes. It hurts. Bad. He was 8 and a really sweet companion. His brother, Jasper, won't even come out from underneath the bed (his 'hiding' pace), and when he does, he just roams around crying. I hope he gets over it soon and isn't always so timid and scared.
    My sincerest condolences Jewelsy on the loss of your beloved Dusty. My heart just broke when I read your news. I'm sure Dusty knew how much you loved him! Jasper also knows he's gone, and it may take awhile for him to adjust that his brother isn't coming home. My Gracie wasn't herself for some time when my beloved Snowflake suddenly passed. Give your vet a call and see if some Feliway might ease Dusty's discomfort. Give him lots of love and support each other at this very sad and difficult time. Know that there are many wonderful pets at Rainbow Bridge who will look for Dusty and help him with his transition.

=^.^=
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Jewelsy, I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Dusty. I hope you and Jasper can get each other through this and take comfort in your memories.

+ Reply to Thread