+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Asking advice here - I have to go for 4 days to my daughter's college orientation. Normally when I go places she takes care of the dog. Now I have to figure out what to do with him for 4 days. It will probably have to be the kennel. He's old and doesn't like strangers and there's nobody nearby who I would trust to come and go in my house. What would make his stay easier?
    Count your blessings!

gut Any of his toys, blankets, beds, bowls, food that they will let you bring for him. Something with you or your families scent on it. Most kennels will let you bring items for your pet. Good Luck

Also, sometimes you can find people that only take one or two dogs at a time and let them stay in the house. I would ask your vet if he/she has any suggestions about boarding your dog. They probably have a list of good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3539545;
    Asking advice here - I have to go for 4 days to my daughter's college orientation. Normally when I go places she takes care of the dog. Now I have to figure out what to do with him for 4 days. It will probably have to be the kennel. He's old and doesn't like strangers and there's nobody nearby who I would trust to come and go in my house. What would make his stay easier?
    Henry HATES going to the vet/kennel even though he loves most people. We always take his blanket and a little bag of treats with his name written on it and a new rawhide bone. He's always slightly miffed when we pick him up.

Update on our boys... Simon went to the vet this morning for a nail clipping. The truck ride and the excitement exhausted him and he's been asleep all day. No change in his condition.

Henry FREAKED today. The UPS truck broke down right across the street. UPS sent two more trucks out and then a giant tow truck. Henry barked, howled and growled for two hours! He then waddled off to bed and had a loooong nap under his electric blanket. I'm getting ready for 20 pounds of trembling dog to be on my lap when the fireworks start going off all weekend.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thug Muffin Dez is now stealing treats from Miss Sashay. I give Miss Sashay one of her known favorites, and Dez reaches over and snatches the treat from in front of her. Miss Sashay is definitely not used to that!
    Dez has big mitts for paws, almost twice the size of the other gurls.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Waldo has a butter fetish. The only thing he will take out of the kitchen trash is butter wrappers and I find them all over the house chewed up. It's not Rosie or Bogie as they can't reach the trash. Tonight, I had a bit of leftover butter on my plate from the corn on the cob and I can back in the room and he's licking it. I think he's secretly related to Paula Deen.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3543538;
    Waldo has a butter fetish. The only thing he will take out of the kitchen trash is butter wrappers and I find them all over the house chewed up. It's not Rosie or Bogie as they can't reach the trash. Tonight, I had a bit of leftover butter on my plate from the corn on the cob and I can back in the room and he's licking it. I think he's secretly related to Paula Deen.

Maybe Waldo needs to go on her show!

Henry didn't freak out TOO badly over the fireworks tonight. He was very distracted by the grilling He & Simon both got a little burger (with cheese of course). It is now thundering and Henry has waddled downstairs to get under the covers.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I really enjoy reading Waldo, Henry and Simon stories. OH let's face it, I like reading all the amusing things the kids do.

We used to have an English Setter we called Gus the Psychic Butter Dog... if there was butter anywhere in the house except the fridge, he would find it and eat it. I used to bring all the bags of groceries into the house before putting them away until he found the butter in a bag of groceries (left the steak and hamburger) and ate the whole pound.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3543690;
    We used to have an English Setter we called Gus the Psychic Butter Dog... if there was butter anywhere in the house except the fridge, he would find it and eat it. I used to bring all the bags of groceries into the house before putting them away until he found the butter in a bag of groceries (left the steak and hamburger) and ate the whole pound.
    What a nose!

+ Reply to Thread