+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3515445;
    I always feel so bad for animals when they have to wear the "lampshade". Must be so frustrating! Keeping my fingers crossed for good news for you and your sweet pup, PGM.
    My old dog had to have a growth taken off her foot, stitches, bandages, the works, and she, too, was given a lampshade so she couldn't get to her foot. Trouble was, we either had to put it so tightly around her neck that her collar would practically choke her, or we had to leave her collar at its normal setting and wait for her to pull it off the minute our backs were turned. We ended up having to bandage her paw, and then wrap it in layers of duct tape so she couldn't get it off easily (I think she even managed to bite through THAT once or twice). I'm glad Jaxi is managing better!

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

oneTVslave - now I understand. Hope all goes easy the next few days.

Yes - all kitties have "the look" and we know when to back off!

I finally undertand what "the look" means.

You can learn lots of things hanging around here.
    Well, BooBoo has to go stay at the vet's this weekend, as I'm going out of town and she needs med. But she also is getting a teeny operation on her eyes--her eyelashes keep turning in and irritating them terribly. I feel like such a wuss, but I just wanted them to keep her there anyway for a few days after the surgery, so she's getting it while boarded. I am terrible at rassling her so as to get the eye drops in....I'm sure it will be ok, they do it by laser and there is generally no bleeding, stitches, or whatever. And if someone has to get hated for doin eye meds, I'd rather it be them than me.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3517535;
    My old dog had to have a growth taken off her foot, stitches, bandages, the works, and she, too, was given a lampshade so she couldn't get to her foot. Trouble was, we either had to put it so tightly around her neck that her collar would practically choke her, or we had to leave her collar at its normal setting and wait for her to pull it off the minute our backs were turned. We ended up having to bandage her paw, and then wrap it in layers of duct tape so she couldn't get it off easily (I think she even managed to bite through THAT once or twice). I'm glad Jaxi is managing better!
    The little dickens has figured out how to get to her paw. The lampshade is sort of loose, it won't come off but pushes back and it's just enough for her to hold her paw out straight in front of her, while standing, and she can just reach it to lick it. GRRRR.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;3518940;
    The little dickens has figured out how to get to her paw. The lampshade is sort of loose, it won't come off but pushes back and it's just enough for her to hold her paw out straight in front of her, while standing, and she can just reach it to lick it. GRRRR.
    Sorry for the double post! The test results on the tumor came in. It was a canine cutaneous histiocytoma or in other words a benign tumor. Normal tissue surrounds the margins is what the Vet said the best part of the results is. I looked it up on line and apparently this type of "tumor" comes and goes (regresses back to normal) but usually they appear in younger dogs (under 3 years of age and Jaxi is 4). Whew. I think we can relax now. Thanks for all of your support and words of encouragement!

So glad to hear Jaxi is going to be okay!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

MRD

Glad to hear Jaxi is ok. Queenb, I'm with you, I'd rather they hate the vet, than hate me and it sounds like a win/win situation. Well maybe Boo-Boo won't see it that way, but sounds like a good solution for YOU. Hope she will be ok.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That's great news PGM35!!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;3519211;
    Sorry for the double post! The test results on the tumor came in. It was a canine cutaneous histiocytoma or in other words a benign tumor. Normal tissue surrounds the margins is what the Vet said the best part of the results is. I looked it up on line and apparently this type of "tumor" comes and goes (regresses back to normal) but usually they appear in younger dogs (under 3 years of age and Jaxi is 4). Whew. I think we can relax now. Thanks for all of your support and words of encouragement!
    You're Welcome! you have been here for so many of us. What good news!

+ Reply to Thread