+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;3516349;
    OneTvSlave, I'm so glad to hear that you and your furbaby are adjusting. We did that treatment on our (at the time) seven year old girl and those two weeks were so incredibly hard, but we realized the 'anticipation' of them and the first few days were the worst. We lost her at 13 but it had absolutely nothing to do with her thyroid, the radiation had done its job and worked like a champ. The only long term side effect was that the spare room became 'her room' for the duration. When she would get bent out of shape, she'd let us know by going in there instead of anywhere near us! The poor dear would get the Mona look on 24/7 if company dared to come stay, which not only wound her up but then they would have the NERVE to stay in HER room! (sidenote to Gabriel, I just love when the Mona look picture works its way into the thread, my Meisha looked just like Mona and gave the look too!)
    We knew when NOT to cross them didn't we??

The other one is with her "sweet face" which was 99.999% of the time
    Attached Images Attached Images

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3516031;
    Waldo's band is an eclectic mix of bagpipes, accordions, and xylophones.
    Funny you say that as I was actually thinking bagpipes.

Gabriel, the sweet face is so adorable.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mona always had a smile on her face. Waldo and bagpipes? That might just work.

here is Joey walking into the kitchen to make me think he is NOT going on his table to eat, then he is debating, then he is getting ready to hop onto his table.

I don't know Gabriel. There's something in the eyes even in the sweet face that says, "don't push it buddy".
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy;3515694;

I'm sorry but I missed what was wrong in the first place. Why does she have to be quarantine? Hope that all will go easy for her and you!

I've just started Mimzy on a new thyroid treatment. But she is still losing weight which is not good. What sort of meds is your kitty on?
    Mimzy - my cat, Cosmo, is not on meds because I opted to do the I-131 treatment (radioactive iodine). You can read a little about it here: FAQ

She was at the vet for 3 days and has to stay semi-isolated for 2 weeks upon returning home to limit exposing me to radiation (although the exposure ould be pretty minor, I believe).

Here are some pictures of my little girl, her sweet face, and her version of "the look". :
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

The second one is too funny, OTIS--she doesn't look happy at all. I'm glad she's doing better.
    I think every kitty must have some version of 'the look', unless it's maybe Ringo. When he doesn't like what's going on, but it doesn't scare him enough to make him run, he just strolls away, very slow and cool. But I'm starting to think he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. In fact, I'm afraid he may be Waldo's kitty cousin. But that's ok, he is a sweet boy. One smart kitty at a time is enough.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3516768;
    Mimzy - my cat, Cosmo, is not on meds because I opted to do the I-131 treatment (radioactive iodine). You can read a little about it here: FAQ

She was at the vet for 3 days and has to stay semi-isolated for 2 weeks upon returning home to limit exposing me to radiation (although the exposure ould be pretty minor, I believe).

Here are some pictures of my little girl, her sweet face, and her version of "the look". :
    Wow, she's one of those cats that actually looks like a person. And, I agree that she's got the look in that 2nd photo. What a precious girl.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think both Mona's and Cosmo's looks are great! My family's kitty, Shadow, only has 1 look: Asleep. Here he is taking a nap on my stepmom's newly finished quilt. It was barely folded before he got on top and made it his own.

On a high note, the stepmom has finally given up trying to cut the dog's hair at home and took Tatonka to the groomer's. Notice how she looks much better than poor Augie did in the previous pictures. Augie is jealous and refuses to go out in public with Tatonka.

Tatonka before, Tatonka after, Shadow, Augie
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Thanks, you guys. Yes, Cosmo is a very sweet cat who doesn't appreciate having her photo taken at close range, . I've always thought that her markings on her head look like a little haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3516798;
    I think both Mona's and Cosmo's looks are great! My family's kitty, Shadow, only has 1 look: Asleep. Here he is taking a nap on my stepmom's newly finished quilt. It was barely folded before he got on top and made it his own.

On a high note, the stepmom has finally given up trying to cut the dog's hair at home and took Tatonka to the groomer's. Notice how she looks much better than poor Augie did in the previous pictures. Augie is jealous and refuses to go out in public with Tatonka.

Wow, same dog in the first and second pictures? She looks great! I love how longhair dogs look with a summer shave. It must be liberating to be free of all that hair for the summer. Very cute photos. Poor Augie, maybe she doesn't recognize Tatonka...?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3516753;
    I don't know Gabriel. There's something in the eyes even in the sweet face that says, "don't push it buddy".
    Yeah - I never pushed it with her, I knew when to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3516768;
    Heh Heh Heh.... It works

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3516780;
    But I'm starting to think he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. In fact, I'm afraid he may be Waldo's kitty cousin. But that's ok, he is a sweet boy. One smart kitty at a time is enough.
    I love it! Waldos kitty cousin, marches to a totally different world

Waaay too funny. one look -- ASLEEP.

Wow, what a difference. smart stepmom.....

+ Reply to Thread