+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Microchipping is for ID-ing the cat, should it get out and someone finds it. It will connect the cat with YOU. They inject the microchip under the cat's skin, and then they can scan for the information, should they need to.

What you have read is pretty standard for adopting critters. Nothing suspicious there.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3513573;
    PGM35 Just my own thoughts, but does the collar bother her when she tries to eat? She is such a sweetheart and I hope everything is okay
    Thanks gabriel Buster is hating having to walk on his leash, He's ready to be free again.
    and Happy Father's Day!
    She is eating fine now and no, the collar is not stopping her from eating or drinking. It's not tight and pushes back some on her but she can get it around the food and water bowl pretty well. She hates when it hits the side of the door frame. She just sits there like, I can't go through.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;3515021;
    She is eating fine now and no, the collar is not stopping her from eating or drinking. It's not tight and pushes back some on her but she can get it around the food and water bowl pretty well. She hates when it hits the side of the door frame. She just sits there like, I can't go through.
    I always feel so bad for animals when they have to wear the "lampshade". Must be so frustrating! Keeping my fingers crossed for good news for you and your sweet pup, PGM.

For anyone who is interested, my cat is doing very well following here thyroid treatment I described above. She was seriously ticked-off about being locked in her room the first day/night. Meowed and scratched the door for hours, literally. Thought I would lose my mind. I had to sleep in the basement, wearing earplugs, in order to get any sleep. However, we've both adjusted (her to staying in her room, me to sleeping in the basement ), and I think I might be able to keep up the quarantine for the whole 2 weeks. We've got 4 days down already! I go in and hang out with her for 5-10 minutes several times a day, pet & brush her, clean the box, change the food, etc. (wearing latex gloves the whole time). She's eating well and being affectionate and seems content to sleep in her perch as she usually does, with only a few complaints and occasional door scratching a couple of times during the day.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3515445;
    I always feel so bad for animals when they have to wear the "lampshade". Must be so frustrating! Keeping my fingers crossed for good news for you and your sweet pup, PGM.

For anyone who is interested, my cat is doing very well following here thyroid treatment I described above. She was seriously ticked-off about being locked in her room the first day/night. Meowed and scratched the door for hours, literally. Thought I would lose my mind. I had to sleep in the basement, wearing earplugs, in order to get any sleep. However, we've both adjusted (her to staying in her room, me to sleeping in the basement ), and I think I might be able to keep up the quarantine for the whole 2 weeks. We've got 4 days down already! I go in and hang out with her for 5-10 minutes several times a day, pet & brush her, clean the box, change the food, etc. (wearing latex gloves the whole time). She's eating well and being affectionate and seems content to sleep in her perch as she usually does, with only a few complaints and occasional door scratching a couple of times during the day.

You changed your avatar, so I am glad that I read the entire post.
    Glad to see that your cat is doing well following the RI.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but I missed what was wrong in the first place. Why does she have to be quarantine? Hope that all will go easy for her and you!

I've just started Mimzy on a new thyroid treatment. But she is still losing weight which is not good. What sort of meds is your kitty on?

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;3515445;

You know she may never want to come out of the room now and may expect to be waited on paw and foot (well what cat isn't?).

Then I"d have to say that Waldo must have his own band too. And it's probably a polka band or maybe a fife and drum corp
    Waldo's band is an eclectic mix of bagpipes, accordions, and xylophones.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Glad to hear things are going good for you PGM35 and oneTVslave.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Off topic, but a little relevant: I knew a woman who had thyroid cancer, years ago, who underwent some radiation treatments that not only caused her to have to be in isolation for a week or two, but also actually caused her to have a bit of a glow. She's fine now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OneTvSlave, I'm so glad to hear that you and your furbaby are adjusting. We did that treatment on our (at the time) seven year old girl and those two weeks were so incredibly hard, but we realized the 'anticipation' of them and the first few days were the worst. We lost her at 13 but it had absolutely nothing to do with her thyroid, the radiation had done its job and worked like a champ. The only long term side effect was that the spare room became 'her room' for the duration. When she would get bent out of shape, she'd let us know by going in there instead of anywhere near us! The poor dear would get the Mona look on 24/7 if company dared to come stay, which not only wound her up but then they would have the NERVE to stay in HER room! (sidenote to Gabriel, I just love when the Mona look picture works its way into the thread, my Meisha looked just like Mona and gave the look too!)
    Wag more, bark less

+ Reply to Thread