+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Hope the news for Jaxi is good news. Even I like boxers!

About kitties and toilets, be careful. Keep the toilet lid down. It's not unheard of for a drowned kitten to be found in a toilet. You've got to "babyproof" a house for a kitten just like you do for a baby. It's amazing what they can get into when you're not there...and, sometimes, even when you are.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

PGM35 Just my own thoughts, but does the collar bother her when she tries to eat? She is such a sweetheart and I hope everything is okay
    Thanks gabriel Buster is hating having to walk on his leash, He's ready to be free again.
    and Happy Father's Day!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3513387;
    inthegarden, thanks. A cat drinking from toilet? omg.

By the way -
    Did anyone else besides me hear about that cat (his name was Louie) in Connecticut that attacked an Avon lady, without provocation, and really hurt her badly? This was a couple years ago; I recall seeing an article and picture in People magazine. There was such an uproar because some people wanted to have him euthanized. Townspeople donated $3,000 for a lawyer to save him. Louie was put under house arrest, and his owner was fined. This caught my eye because (unlike some dogs) cats are not prone to attacking and biting; they usually just want to be left alone.
    Louie must have had his reasons. Could be the avon lady was a big pest ringing the doorbell over and over. Glad he was saved,

Glad Jaxi is doing ok,.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

or the avon lady had a really annoying voice that just rubbed louie the totally wrong way. I had a cat years ago that hated things that sounded like squeaky dolls talking or laughing. I do not want to tell the story because I should have gotten rid of the human instead....

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3513726;
    or the avon lady had a really annoying voice that just rubbed louie the totally wrong way. I had a cat years ago that hated things that sounded like squeaky dolls talking or laughing. I do not want to tell the story because I should have gotten rid of the human instead....
    I had friends with a mean cat. You entered their apt. by walking down a hallway that opened up to their dining/living room. The dining room table was against the wall where the hallway ended. The cat would wait on that table and attack you as you walked out of the hallway. I used to be scared to death of that cat. I'd been clawed more than once by him in a surprise attack.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3513736;
    I had friends with a mean cat. You entered their apt. by walking down a hallway that opened up to their dining/living room. The dining room table was against the wall where the hallway ended. The cat would wait on that table and attack you as you walked out of the hallway. I used to be scared to death of that cat. I'd been clawed more than once by him in a surprise attack.
    Hmmm. Maybe you should get an attack cat! It might keep your pesky neighbor away! Waldo getting shaved is a story that I cannot wait to hear! Please take before and after pictures of his "makeover!"

I think the heat has gotten to Henry. He actually slept on top of the covers last night! He's also dragged his cushion out from under my desk. It is now directly under the ceiling fan - I don't think he placed it there on purpose - but he sure is enjoying it!

Cue up the "POOR Henrys" here... He was waddling around "his" yard late last night. Mr. Doxie went out to water the garden and our (finally finished) new rose bed. It was dark and POOR Henry was checking out the roses when HE got hosed. Literally.

I'm thinking of Jaxi too. Hope the results are good!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

POOR POOR WET Henry..

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

poooooor Henry Next, he'll start asking for his raincoat before he goes out or the location of Mr. doxie.
    Toby actually likes getting "hosed" when I water, and if I have a sprinkler out he runs through it, the others prefer their swimming pool and like it when I clean out the ice maker.

Hmm. Well, I did some research on Louie (Lewis). Sounds like he has been terrorizing the neighborhood . . a very bad boy. The owner was arrested. There were several more incidences after the Avon lady (who was just getting out of her car when he attacked from behind). Strange. btw I found a pic (below)

House arrest for attack cat - The Connecticut Post Online

“ . . . At first, the restraining order allowed the cat limited freedom if Cisero gave him Prozac. But the cat refused to take the drug, Cisero said. And it got out of the house and attacked another neighbor, Maureen Bachtig, according to police. . . “

Last edited by tango7; 06-20-2009 at 06:06 PM.

just a thought tango7...my cat who I adopted when he was 2 turned out to be very allergic to everything. Litter..I can only use a cheapo kind, otherwise he loses his hair. Um, food. He can only eat a few teaspoons of one brand of cruchy otherwise it all comes up etc. I suppose the moral to this story is to not invest a lot of cash into stuff until you know for sure works for your kitty.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread