+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1268Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3512436;
    The one "Why NOT to put a leash on a cat' is even funnier, to me--Pinky goes for the kill!

MRD--BooBoo has her own private band hired, that plays only for her.
    Then I"d have to say that Waldo must have his own band too. And it's probably a polka band or maybe a fife and drum corp.

So we got a window unit ac for our bedroom as we're on the third floor in the house and the first two floors are good with the central air, but upstairs is HOT. So Waldo now sits in front of the window the unit is in and I watch the breeze ruffle his hair. He has been so happy. I'm going to make an appt. to get him shaved next week. It had been warm here, but not unbearably hot until this week. He needs a haircut to stay cool.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3513295;
    I DID think those videos were funny--it's not as if the cats were being hurt, and the intention was NOT to torment them, the whole thing was accidental, the intentions were good--the people seem to be getting the worst of it to me. I laugh at the ones on TV when dogs fall in the pool, when the cats are playing and fall off the window, dog afraid of cat, whatever. And I love animals as much as anyone. What would make it NOT funny would be if the people KNEW the cat would hate it, and intentionally did it to be mean. There IS a difference, to me, anyway. I also laugh at the ones starring people who get hit over the head or whatever, if the situation is stupid enough and no one is hurt.
    I never see those, it's always the guy getting hit in the "sensitive" areas. My husband told me I wouldn't think it was funny if I had that equipment and had been hit there with something.

I had a cat as a kid that would ride in my bicycle basket and in a doll stroller I had. But I had been doing that with the cat since it was a kitten, so it was raised that way. I did try it a few times on adult cats we had and they jumped out as quickly as I put then in.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

tango7 I am so excited for you...We all love our pups/ kitties and you will have some neat new pet stories to tell.
    I would not ever have a cat declawed... my thoughts are if you like your furniture more than your pet then you need to reconsider even getting a pet. And no matter how careful you are sometimes they can and do slip outside.
    I use a Superscratcher cat scratcher which works great for us, unless Chloe is trying to get my attention and then she uses my rug. The indoor/outdoor kitties use my trees. We have the open litter box w/clumping litter and I scoop twice a day. I use advantage on my indoor/outdoor kitties and Chloe (totally indoor) gets a dose only if she might need it. Chloe will only eat dry food but, my other kitties eat dry and wet food. For toys, like everyone else says, boxes, and I'll add high bouncey balls, and Chloe's personal favorite is the little plastic ring that comes off when you open a jug of milk.
    Keep all plastic bags with handles stored in a safe place, cause some of us at fort have had kitties get them around there necks and scared kitties are hard as the devil to catch.
    I would just get the bare necessities for now, until your new kitty lets you know his/her own preferences and believe me he/she will, as you can see by all of our posts we have all been trained very well by our own furkids.
    I bought Chloe a cute little water bowl and it took her repeatedlly turning it over for me to realize that she prefers drinking out of a plate with high sides or the toilet bowl (another story) Good Luck and as said before take your time and let the kitty pick you... even if it takes several visits.

Buster is doing great after his "vacation". The vet was saying don't let him jump... and he leaps 3 feet in the air into my arms... she says nevermind

inthegarden, thanks. A cat drinking from toilet? omg.

By the way -
    Did anyone else besides me hear about that cat (his name was Louie) in Connecticut that attacked an Avon lady, without provocation, and really hurt her badly? This was a couple years ago; I recall seeing an article and picture in People magazine. There was such an uproar because some people wanted to have him euthanized. Townspeople donated $3,000 for a lawyer to save him. Louie was put under house arrest, and his owner was fined. This caught my eye because (unlike some dogs) cats are not prone to attacking and biting; they usually just want to be left alone.

tango7 I'll repost the pics of Chloe's lovely habit... she's a hoot
    Attached Images Attached Images

the way she is balancing on the rim

Thanks to EVERYONE for their thoughts and prayers for Jaxi. She came out of the surgery fine - a little loopy after - but her incision and sutures seem to be doing ok. She isn't even limping on it. She is wearing the cone (elizabethan collar?) and doesn't seem to mind it too much. Gave her a pain med this morning with some cheese (shhh don't tell) but she didn't eat (and hasn't since Thurs night as she had to have no food or water for the surgery). I'm hoping she'll eat tonight. we get the results from the lab with the "tumor" on Tuesday. Thanks again. She is a sweetie - cuddles like crazy and one of the few boxers I've known that doesn't lick you - she just sniffs real close.
    Last edited by PGM35; 06-20-2009 at 12:57 PM. Reason: better picture

Awww.PGM, that is too cute; I bet she will eat after she has a day for all the loopies to wear off. I'm keeping my hopes high that she is otherwise ok--I love boxies!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Poor Jaxi. Fingers and toes crossed for the test results. I'm sure she'll eat later, or at least have a nice long drink. What a cute dog. I love Boxers too! They just love to play so much.

I'm thinking of Buster who got "tutored" and Jaxi for a clean bill of health.

+ Reply to Thread