+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

(FORT doesn't allow youtube videos . . .but google 'youtube cat leash'. The cat's name is Torpedo)
    If you watch that video pay close attn at 6:40

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3511260;
    Slightly out of sync with the rest of us. But are they "normal" or are we? WALDO marches to a different drummer also I bet, or would that be WALDO marches to an entirely different band?
    There is no normal.

Waldo doesn't even hear the band.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3511743;
    Another thing and this is kinda funny. I thought it would be cute to get a harness/leash and take the cat for walks. Well, every cat owner I know strongly advises against it. Mine will be an indoor cat, and I have watched youtube videos that convinced me not to try that in one the cat threw a true hissy fit and bit/scratched its owner in the face!
    (FORT doesn't allow youtube videos . . .but google 'youtube cat leash'. The cat's name is Torpedo)
    The one "Why NOT to put a leash on a cat' is even funnier, to me--Pinky goes for the kill!

MRD--BooBoo has her own private band hired, that plays only for her.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3512436;
    The one "Why NOT to put a leash on a cat' is even funnier, to me--Pinky goes for the kill!
    BWAHAHAHA!! Just watched it.

That wasn't really funny. That poor cat was terrified, I know it happened to me a long time ago with one I had. Poor thing hated me for days.

Sorry, gabriel. Suffice to say I will not be getting a cat leash; yes, obviously they are scared of them.

I just wrote my opinion. If you want to take kitty for a walk, a harness works nicely. But all of mine always were fine just watching from the windows.

There is a big difference between leash training a kitty (starting when they are kittens and getting them used to it) and just putting one on a full grown cat that has obviously never been on one before and didn't know how to react. If you end up with a willing kitten then leach training it may not be a problem, but that cat in the video was acting defensively against something he thought was going to harm him.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I know this is the exception to the rule, but my daughter had a cat named Luther. She got him when she was 12 and he went with her when she left for college. One time her dad and I went to visit and she wanted to go for a walk. She brings out this leash and snaps it to Luther's collar and away they went. I think I stood for a full minute with my mouth hanging open just staring and my daughter turned around and casually said, "you coming mom?" I said to her, "how did you get him to do that?" She said she just thought about doing it one day, tried it and he loved it. This was a 10 year old cat who was very independent and usually had to have things his own way. I'd never seen it before and I've never seen it since.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I DID think those videos were funny--it's not as if the cats were being hurt, and the intention was NOT to torment them, the whole thing was accidental, the intentions were good--the people seem to be getting the worst of it to me. I laugh at the ones on TV when dogs fall in the pool, when the cats are playing and fall off the window, dog afraid of cat, whatever. And I love animals as much as anyone. What would make it NOT funny would be if the people KNEW the cat would hate it, and intentionally did it to be mean. There IS a difference, to me, anyway. I also laugh at the ones starring people who get hit over the head or whatever, if the situation is stupid enough and no one is hurt.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread