+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

I am planning to get bow ties for Bogie and Waldo. OK, I know this sounds seriously deranged, but we are having the wedding at home. My daughter is going to use sunflowers. I am going to get black leashes for Rosie and Bogie and glue little fake sunflowers on the leashes and when I am seated, I will have them on a leash walking down to my seat with me. They will behave and sit during the ceremony. NOt sure what to do with Waldo as he will be in hog heaven with all those rear ends to poke.

I do need someone to supervise the food, so would you and Mr. Doxie and Henry come help?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My daughter always said that she wanted our dog Sam to be in her wedding. He was a Boston Terrier, so he already had the tux! But he passed away before she got married so it wasn't to be. Sam would have been a perfect wedding guest because he was very well behaved. Roxie, on the other hand, would be a pain in the butt!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay;3505441;
    My husband seems to think we shouldnt be keeping him in his crate all day (we both work 8-5) , but if we let him roam he tears things up. I feel guilty but it doesnt seem to bother him to crated all day, he doesnt chew on things when we are here.

any opinions?
    One of mine is crated all day and it is better for the house and him. He chews and tears things up b/c of the anxiety of your being away. The crate is his safe place and I believe it is fine.

on a different note.
    My dog Jaxi went to the vet today and she might have cancer. There is a growth/tumor on her front paw between her toes that has some “reactive” cells. They have to remove it and get it tested to see if there are mast cells. If there are, they have to remove an area of 3 inches which would mean the toe would then have to be removed to make sure they get it all.

I think we are going to have it done on Friday and then see what the test results show on Monday or Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3506154;
    And, the ferrets seemed to be like any cat or dog. They were used to being handled and loved on, so they didn't mind being "harassed" with the little clothes...capes, hats, etc.
    I had a friend in HS that had a pet ferret. It was much more like a cat or dog that I would have expected, it was very friendly. They had a very large habitat for it so it had lots of room and stuff to climb around on, but they still let it run around the house quite a bit also. I don't remember them dressing up their ferret tho!

PGM35 - So sorry to hear about Jaxi. Hopefully the vets can get it all and she will be fine, or even better to turn out to be cancer free. You are both in my thoughts.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3506017;
    Ferret clothes? I just might have to see this. I think the only animals that are cute with actual clothes are chimps.
    I find putting monkeys and apes in human clothing to be disturbing, because the people who own them tend to think they actually are people. They are not, and sometimes there are horrible consequences to thinking that way.

On the other hand, BooBoo says you're just jealous of her dress. Gabriel, she says that goes double for you, because Joey is a boy.

PGM35-- I hope if it is cancer, that they get it all and in a hurry!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

PGM35...I hope everything is ok with Jaxi, that is one beautiful dog!
    Last edited by shyra; 06-17-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

PGM, I am sorry to hear about Jaxi...I hope they got to it in time.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

PGM-sending my best wishes for Jaxi-what a gorgeous friend you have!

PGM-We are sorry to hear about your Jaxi's cancer. Hopefully they can get it in time, she looks like a sweetie.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread