+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I liked Whack-a-Kitty 2 better! They were adorable.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3504890;
    What is the location of the guy who has been accused of being a "serial cat killer"? I saw this on television last night, and he allegedly has killed 19(?) pet cats, and could be facing a couple of hundred years, if convicted, which we know he won't be. He is 18 years old, I think.
    He is in South Florida.
    Tyler Hayes Weinman Charged As Florida Cat Killer

The photo on this article has a caption saying it is his mug shot from after his arrest. I am not sure I have ever seen a mug shot in which the person appeared so amused - I find it rather disturbing. This is a truly horrific crime, so if he is guilty I hope they do punish him harshly. I shudder to think of what might come in the future from a sociopath capable of such cruelty.

I agree that if he is proven guilty, they should punish him severely.
    It's been more than proven through the years that serial killers and other misanthropes have a history of violence toward animals.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3504890;
    I didn't find that kitty video endearing at all. Some jackass will use the inspiration of that video to take things entirely too far in the wrong direction. I thought that the video was irresponsible.

What is the location of the guy who has been accused of being a "serial cat killer"? I saw this on television last night, and he allegedly has killed 19(?) pet cats, and could be facing a couple of hundred years, if convicted, which we know he won't be. He is 18 years old, I think.
    I totally agree with the part I bolded here. AS for the serial killer, I do not know where he is but if I did I would need a lawyer...

Do any of you ever dress up your dogs? I had a garage sale with a bunch of my friends this weekend and one of the girls brought her little chihuahua (sorry if I spelled that wrong!) and the thing was wearing a pink tutu and a bow and had her nails painted bright pink. I was so taken back by the look of the thing (which is still a puppy and can fit in the palm of your hand) that I had no idea whether it was cute or slightly disturbing.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3505399;
    Do any of you ever dress up your dogs? I had a garage sale with a bunch of my friends this weekend and one of the girls brought her little chihuahua (sorry if I spelled that wrong!) and the thing was wearing a pink tutu and a bow and had her nails painted bright pink. I was so taken back by the look of the thing (which is still a puppy and can fit in the palm of your hand) that I had no idea whether it was cute or slightly disturbing.
    To me that would be crossing the line.

Paris Hilton and other such "celebrities" are to blame for the current fad of using pets as accessories. I'm with you Calilily in that I find it slightly disturbing. I don't see anything wrong with dressing your dog for Halloween or other occasions, as long as the dog doesn't seem to mind, but constantly dragging a dog around in your purse and continuously changing his clothes just seems a bit much to me. It hardly sounds fun for the dog.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3505399;
    Guilty!! Henry has quite a collection of sweaters but he has NOT and will NOT be getting his nails painted. He also has a raincoat and a lot of bandanas. My husband was horrified when I first started putting sweaters on Henry. However, Henry LOVES wearing sweaters in the winter (I am not making this up) and he will run to us and sit down and let us put the sweater on him. Mr. Doxie now realizes that Henry likes it and HE is usually the one checking out the dog sweaters at PetCo!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Ive tried putting a sweater on Oscar when it was cold outside but he wasnt having it!

<--- Thats my Oscar, he's 10 months old. I got him for Christmas. My husband seems to think we shouldnt be keeping him in his crate all day (we both work 8-5) , but if we let him roam he tears things up. I feel guilty but it doesnt seem to bother him to crated all day, he doesnt chew on things when we are here.

any opinions?
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3505436;
    Guilty!! Henry has quite a collection of sweaters but he has NOT and will NOT be getting his nails painted. He also has a raincoat and a lot of bandanas. My husband was horrified when I first started putting sweaters on Henry. However, Henry LOVES wearing sweaters in the winter (I am not making this up) and he will run to us and sit down and let us put the sweater on him. Mr. Doxie now realizes that Henry likes it and HE is usually the one checking out the dog sweaters at PetCo!
    Our dog Sam had sweaters for winter too, but that's for warmth. You aren't dressing Henry up in a tutu with painted nails and carrying him on your arm because you think it makes you look cute. Big difference there IMO.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread