+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

How much you want to be while Henry was tearing up the dogbed, he had thoughts of you and Mr. Doxie. "this'll teach 'em"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Doxie, I assume you did inform Henry that his bed was getting washed, not thrown away, didn't you? If not, I don't blame Henry at all! If you did, then maybe you should have done Simon's also. Maybe Henry doesn't want a clean bed.

Here's a picture of a couple of cool birds we saw at the wildlife refuge in Fla last weekend..
    Hawk

MRD, why does everyone associate Florida with flamingos, when these Roseate Spoonbills are just as pretty, and actually are native to the state?

Oh, we saw about a million of these too...
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Love the pictures queenb

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Saw a show on the public education channel about ferrets and their owners (or maybe I should say "the people tht THEY own") and it was very interesting. These people are as bad as cat and dog owners, easily, and they have their shows that they go to, showing off their babies. The biggest one is the Ferret Buckeye Bash in Columbus, OH. I didn't realize how large the ferrets can get; I thought they stayed fairly tiny. NOT! I learned that a ferret is not a rodent, but a weasel. And they steal your stuff and hide it. Dez must be part ferret because she definitely steals. A lot of the houses with ferrets seemed to also have a cat. Interesting show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Here is a picture take this week of Augie. As you can see she still looks a bit like she got into a fight with a blender, but the trauma of being groomed has begun to wear off.

Great pictures! Raccoons are so cute, and those birds (especially the hawk) are just beautiful!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

What a cutie that Augie is.....

Canunkinchile- ask and ye shall receive..

Photobucket

Photobucket

You can see in the second photo how much bigger Harmony is than Button.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3499017;
    Doxie, I assume you did inform Henry that his bed was getting washed, not thrown away, didn't you? If not, I don't blame Henry at all! If you did, then maybe you should have done Simon's also. Maybe Henry doesn't want a clean bed.

Here's a picture of a couple of cool birds we saw at the wildlife refuge in Fla last weekend..
    Hawk

MRD, why does everyone associate Florida with flamingos, when these Roseate Spoonbills are just as pretty, and actually are native to the state?

Oh, we saw about a million of these too...
    I don't know as you see no Flamingos in the wild in Florida. I think it goes back to tourist kisch, the tacky pink plastic flamingo (which I personally love), I think the flamingo is really more of a symbol of the tropics than anything else.

Spoonbills on the other hand you do see in the wild and they are gorgeous. I've been meaning to ask you how the trip was.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3499017;
    He's enjoying his clean bed now! Both beds have removeable covers and Simon's got washed at the same time. I guess Henry was just irked that all of the beds were temporarily unavailable and he thought he might (heaven forbid!) have to sleep on the floor like an actual dog or something.

Your pics are great! I especially liked the raccoon!

Augie & Button are both looking much better. Poor Augie... I have had bad haircuts before and it seems to take forever for it to grow back! And, Button has made an amazing improvement since she's been in her new home. She looks SO much healthier than she did in those first pics of her.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3499506;
    I guess Henry was just irked that all of the beds were temporarily unavailable and he thought he might (heaven forbid!) have to sleep on the floor like an actual dog or something.

WHAT WERE you thinking? HENRY laying on a FLOOR???

+ Reply to Thread