+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

button...

I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Aww. I miss having a dog.

Here's Hardy taking up all of my lap. It doesn't seem all that long ago when they both would fit.

livin4reality - Button is a pretty one and looks like she is relaxed.

UNKLESCOTT- He sure looks comfy there. I love the way he looks like he is going to fall off, but never does.

MRD

Button is adorable. But you can tell she needs to gain some weight. I'm sure she is loving being with you and getting regular meals again, LIvin.

Unk, that's one healthy boy you got there.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

He weighs about 15 lbs. and Laurel weighs in around 9 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3482640;
    He weighs about 15 lbs. and Laurel weighs in around 9 lbs.
    He is a big boy, isn't he? Adorable pic.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3481918;
    Bogie has had a horrid, Henry type afternoon. He had to go to the vet which meant that from the parking lot I had to carry him. I had to hold him inside, the vet, who is wonderful, tried her best, he was having NONE of it. He has a mole on his foot and we are concerned as his littermate has cancer that started out as a mole. SO.......they reccomend that we have it removed and sent to be checked. The vet didn't think it was cancer, but wants to be safe and have it taken off and sent off to the lab.
    Now need to figure out when to schedule this.
    HOwever, unlike Henry, Bogie recovers rather quickly in the car and is none the worse for wear at the moment.

But I did get his and Rosie's 4th of July night night pills today, so they won't be scared next month.
    I'm assuming that Bogie did not take to his bed? Keep us posted. I'm glad to hear that the vet didn't think the mole was cancerous.

Pics of Boo-Boo, Button and Hardy are wonderful!

Our Simon isn't doing well. Our vet has been so great, and we are just taking things day by day, but I'm sure that we are going to have to let him go very soon. He's just not the fiesty little guy that we've always known and loved. Still spoiling him and making him as comfy as possible. Henry has been SO sweet - he actually LET Simon share a cookie with him today.... I guess he knows that something is wrong. Henry usually avoids Simon because Simon has been really mean and agressive towards him over the years.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3482919;
    Our Simon isn't doing well. Our vet has been so great, and we are just taking things day by day, but I'm sure that we are going to have to let him go very soon. He's just not the fiesty little guy that we've always known and loved. Still spoiling him and making him as comfy as possible. Henry has been SO sweet - he actually LET Simon share a cookie with him today.... I guess he knows that something is wrong. Henry usually avoids Simon because Simon has been really mean and agressive towards him over the years.
    Doxie, I am so sorry for you. It is sad to lose a beloved pet. We are still hurting in my house over the loss of Tiny who died in January. There are so many empty spots in our house. It must be so hard for you. How nice of Henry to share with Simon...

MRD

Doxie, our thoughts are with you.

Bogie doesn't take to his bed. He usually is over the trip to the vet afte we get in the car and he gets to RIDE again. But while there? He's NOT happy and everyone in there was making all over him and he was having NONE of it. Rosie on the other hand, takes the adoration and begs for more.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3482919;
    I'm assuming that Bogie did not take to his bed? Keep us posted. I'm glad to hear that the vet didn't think the mole was cancerous.

Pics of Boo-Boo, Button and Hardy are wonderful!

doxie - Letting go when it is time, is the hardest thing to do, but can be the only thing. I remember when it was Mona in January 2007, I wanted my little girl to be with me forever but it would not have been right for me to be so selfish and not think of her. You and Simons Doctor will know and I know you will do the most SELFLESS thing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and you keep spoiling Simon.

+ Reply to Thread