+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1385Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

We had Weimaraners before the golden retriever and never had to have them groomed. Bathing was an adventure with them, though!

The golden needed grooming usually just in the spring/early summer. Maybe twice a year, I really can't remember it has been so long now.

Now I have a bichon. The groomer wants him to come in once a month, but we try to stretch it out to every six weeks. Two months is too long though.

I would really like to take a grooming course.....just so I could do my dog! We pay $60 every six weeks. If we go 8 weeks, it costs $96! And I comb him out every night too!

Just go for it. Hair grows back. It helps if you can watch someone who knows what they're doing before you take scissors in hand, but heck, I used to do Gustav's show grooming, and I didn't know diddly about it. He didn't have the prettiest haircut in the ring, but I was able to make him look respectable.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3478004;
    Those look like some cute kitties. My brother has a problem with feral cats, he lives close to the downtown/student population area. Since this is a college town every May there are a huge number of animals left to fend for themselves when the college students leave. Especially cats. I wish they would teach kids more about animals in the schools, obviously there are a lot of stupid parents around who won't do it.
    That makes me so sad. We get alot of strays at our farm, people see the barn and think that they can dump them out and that the animal can take care of itself. It is so frustrating....especially the dogs/cats that were once indoor pets and have been turned out, they just don't know the dangers that are out there or don't care. Farm machinery is deadly to an animal, they get inside the engines to keep warm, or if they are in the field can be killed by mower, combine, hay equipment, other animals, etc. The person that dumps them, need to be stripped down, no food, weapon, money, clothes and see how easy it is to make it. What really gets me, are the people that have their cats declawed and then drop them off. That's my rant!

Poor Augie!!! I hope she's not too vain.

inthegarden, I totally agree.

Haha, I don't think Augie really cares. As long as she got a treat at the end of the ordeal she was a happy camper Tatonka, however, took one look at her and is still hiding under the couch praying my stepmom dosn't get ahold of her next!

I agree with you 100% ITG. People need to have more respect for animals. How someone treats their dog is a good indicator of how they probably treat their kids or other people in their life. Neglect dosn't stay limited to one area of one's life, at least from what I have seen.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

My hope is that the animal abusers are treated the same way that pedophiles are in the prison population. IMO, both groups represent the scum of the earth.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I reckon I need some punishment myself--I just think a sleeping kity rolled up in a ball is too cute, and can't resist petting. BooBoo is trying her best to channel Gabriel's Mona at these times--it's not really working.

I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Bogie has had a horrid, Henry type afternoon. He had to go to the vet which meant that from the parking lot I had to carry him. I had to hold him inside, the vet, who is wonderful, tried her best, he was having NONE of it. He has a mole on his foot and we are concerned as his littermate has cancer that started out as a mole. SO.......they reccomend that we have it removed and sent to be checked. The vet didn't think it was cancer, but wants to be safe and have it taken off and sent off to the lab.
    Now need to figure out when to schedule this.
    HOwever, unlike Henry, Bogie recovers rather quickly in the car and is none the worse for wear at the moment.

But I did get his and Rosie's 4th of July night night pills today, so they won't be scared next month.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3481849;
    I reckon I need some punishment myself--I just think a sleeping kity rolled up in a ball is too cute, and can't resist petting. BooBoo is trying her best to channel Gabriel's Mona at these times--it's not really working.

BooBoo is doing a pretty good job of it....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3481918;
    Bogie has had a horrid, Henry type afternoon. He had to go to the vet which meant that from the parking lot I had to carry him. I had to hold him inside, the vet, who is wonderful, tried her best, he was having NONE of it. He has a mole on his foot and we are concerned as his littermate has cancer that started out as a mole. SO.......they reccomend that we have it removed and sent to be checked. The vet didn't think it was cancer, but wants to be safe and have it taken off and sent off to the lab.
    Now need to figure out when to schedule this.
    HOwever, unlike Henry, Bogie recovers rather quickly in the car and is none the worse for wear at the moment.

But I did get his and Rosie's 4th of July night night pills today, so they won't be scared next month.
    POOR POOR BOGIE!
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread