+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

livin4reality what a wonderful person you are good luck with Buttons.
    Years ago, I had a lab that wouldn't sleep and I gave her a stuffed Monkey.
    Aspen, loved that Monkey and took it everywhere with her. At night I would say go find Monk and she would grab it and cuddle up with it. It seemed to calm her down. I don't know if it would help, but you might try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3476241;
    Great pictures Chaserla! That gate is a wonderful idea. Rickey, our Coon Hound can open all the doors that lead outside because the knobs are the lever kind so the doors must be locked at all times. Our kitty Clara couldn't open doors but she sure knew how to close them. When the trials of living with 4 dogs got the better of her, she would escape to my bedroom and slam the door shut. I miss that little Diva!
    I've never heard of a cat doing that! That's hilarious.

Love those pictures, chaserla
    . They should be next to "frustration" in the dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3476380;
    livin4reality what a wonderful person you are good luck with Buttons.
    Years ago, I had a lab that wouldn't sleep and I gave her a stuffed Monkey.
    Aspen, loved that Monkey and took it everywhere with her. At night I would say go find Monk and she would grab it and cuddle up with it. It seemed to calm her down. I don't know if it would help, but you might try that.
    Harmony, my mastiff's favorite toy is a stuffed monkey. It has a voice box in it that makes a godawful monkey sound but she loves her "baby". We've taught her be nice with her baby and so far it's lasted about 5 weeks which is a record for her. She could have it torn up in no time flat if she wanted too.

We have another voice box toy around here that might work for Button. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the idea inthegarden.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I've gone from swallow babies, which have all flown off ... to feral kittens...
    The feral momma brought them up and they are hanging out on my front porch. I've been feeding her and put boxes with beds out for them and as soon as they are old enough, they will all be taken to get spade and neutered. She got away, last year before I could capture her. But, she seems to have calmed down enough this year, and will let me pet her. We have a donation based spay and neuter program in my county that is really good so I will use them. She is looking in the window, 4 yellow and 1 black kitten.
    Chloe, has been guarding the front door.
    I thought you all might like to see pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They are so cute ITG! Your house is just becomming animal central this summer!

How are things with Button going? I got a call last night from my parents and a couple came and adopted Daisy (the hyperactive rat terrier they had been fostering). Our dogs threw a party complete with hats and noise makers. J/K... but they did get some pigs ears for putting up with the bouncy little squirt for the last week .
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Those look like some cute kitties. My brother has a problem with feral cats, he lives close to the downtown/student population area. Since this is a college town every May there are a huge number of animals left to fend for themselves when the college students leave. Especially cats. I wish they would teach kids more about animals in the schools, obviously there are a lot of stupid parents around who won't do it.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Our poor Augie got a nasty surprise today. Deciding that taking her to the groomer was just too expensive (at 40.00 a pop) my stepmom bought a dog grooming kit and decided to do the deed herself. These are the before and after pix.

My dad said, "She looks like she has been run through a blender."

My belly hurts from laughing at the poor thing. At least it will grow back
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I laughed until I cried!!!! Reminded me of things my "frugal" (read CHEAP) mother did to me when I was a kid!!!

Poor Pooh.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The poor thing! Keep her away from mirrors! She may go into shock!

(We used to have a golden retriever and would take her to the groomers every now and then. One time, hubs took her to a different groomer and they asked him what he wanted done to the dog. "Do you want us to shave her?" they asked. Hubs didn't know what that meant :nono but said "Sure" anyway. OMG, when he brought her back home I couldn't believe it. She was the kind of golden that had reddish fur, but the underfur was blond. Well with this shaving, her face, neck and ears still had the reddish look to it, but from the collar area on down to the tip of her tail, was all blond. She looked so freaky, even one of my brothers asked what kind of dog is that!?!? I couldn't wait for her hair to grow back! We kept her away from any mirrors on bedroom doors, because we didn't want her to see what she looked like. It could have killed her! :LOL)

Ok.. No offense, but that poor dog looks like it had a run-in with a weedwhacker... I think the whole dog clipping/grooming thing just takes some practice though. My parents take their Springer Spaniel to the groomer every couple of months, but mom has the clippers for in-between touch ups. I am REALLY glad that we have short-haired dogs!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread