+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

It's so good of you to take in Buttons. I just can't imagine the kind of people who run puppy mills, it is so good of you to take her in and show her what a proper life for a dog should be like. Mastiffs are so adorable!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3476117;
    What an awesome deed you are doing, livin! I wish you and Buttons lots of luck. Please keep us updated on her progress.
    I agree. Bless her heart, she looks like she needs some good food and lots of attention. Sounds like she wound up in the right place!

Newf: Do Newfoundlands have other coat colors aside from black? We saw a woman walking a dog that looked just like a Newf, but it was white or a light cream color.

Today we were weeding the little veggie garden. "Okrahoma" had NO weeds unlike the tomato and pepper plants! Henry must have killed them off with his dumpster breath or by sleeping on them! Henry also chased two birds out of the garden. He is better than a scarecrow! Although, not sure what he would do if he actually SAW a crow (collapse/pass out/faint) - these were very small birds.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Take it from one who knows first hand--fostering is a wonderful experience. It's hell when it's time to send the pup to a forever home, but it also brings a smile to know that the dog has found its proper place in the world, with a family that will love it unconditionally.

Doxie, the AKC and Newfoundland Club of America recognize Black, Black-and-White (Landseers), Brown (or Bronze), and Grays. Any of the solid-colored Newfs can have some white (blazes on the chest and white toes are probably the most common.) Other colors and Brown-and-White or Gray-and-White (ie, Brown- and Gray Landseers) would be an automatic disqualification in the show ring.

You may have seen a Great Pyrenees. They are similar in size and shape to a Newf, and they are usually white or mostly white with cream-color in areas. Beautiful dogs.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3467992;
    My dog figured out how to open the sliding screen door today and has been escaping. Darn him. He stayed in the side/back yard, but we live on a busy street, so I'll have to keep the glass doors shut when I'm not in the room.
    When I first got Raz, it was January in Canada and I come home from work and couldn't find him in the apartment. Noticed that it was chilly in the apartment and noticed that the sliding door was open and then he comes running to greet me with tail up, frisky and cold. I know it was shut when I left in the morning because we were having cold weather warnings. Later that evening he starts knocking on the glass sliding door, I slide it open and watch him open the screen door! I panic as I live on the 12 floor and many years ago I lost one of my cats, Cleo, because she tried to jumped on the railing of the balcony and fell to her death. I keep the door closed for a couple of days, was in a pet store looking for a toys and saw a dog gate which resolved the issue of Raz opening the screen door.

Yes those are pigeons. They teased him to no end babies included!

Great pictures Chaserla! That gate is a wonderful idea. Rickey, our Coon Hound can open all the doors that lead outside because the knobs are the lever kind so the doors must be locked at all times. Our kitty Clara couldn't open doors but she sure knew how to close them. When the trials of living with 4 dogs got the better of her, she would escape to my bedroom and slam the door shut. I miss that little Diva!
    Last edited by Bunny555; 05-31-2009 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3476241;
    Great pictures Chaserla! That gate is a wonderful idea. Rickey, our Coon Hound can open all the doors that lead outside because the knobs are the lever kind so the doors must be locked at all times. Our kitty Clara couldn't open doors but she sure knew how to close them. When the trials of living with 4 dogs got the better of her, she would escape to my bedroom and slam the door shut. I miss that little Diva!
    This visual had me laughing.

Thanks all! I'm functioning on 3 hours of sleep here. I should've taken rescue up on the offer of a crate. We've tried everything getting her settled for the night...Button didn't get much sleep either.

That is a great pic Chaserla. Your poor kitty must have been all kinds of frustrated.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3476311;
    Thanks all! I'm functioning on 3 hours of sleep here. I should've taken rescue up on the offer of a crate. We've tried everything getting her settled for the night...Button didn't get much sleep either.
    That is a great pic Chaserla. Your poor kitty must have been all kinds of frustrated.
    Give it a few days I'm sure all will be fine.

Chaserla - I love how the birds just sit there as if mocking the poor cat. I get that also, as there is a huge tree outside my bedroom window and a smaller one outside my living room and the birds will sit it the trees and *LAUGH* at Joey. He has gotten to where he just lays there like HO HUM....

MRD

Livin, when we first got Waldo, he wouldn't sleep through the night. He'd sleep maybe 30 minutes and then get up and pace. The more love he got and the more he began to trust us, the more he finally relaxed and not only sleeps through the night, but snores to beat the band.
    Bless you for what you are doing.,
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3476350;
    Livin, when we first got Waldo, he wouldn't sleep through the night. He'd sleep maybe 30 minutes and then get up and pace. The more love he got and the more he began to trust us, the more he finally relaxed and not only sleeps through the night, but snores to beat the band.
    Bless you for what you are doing.,
    Any recent amusing WALDO anecdotes?

+ Reply to Thread