+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1420Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

The kitties got a new tent this year. The old one had taken a beating. Bella and Gracie checked it out while Mr. Tootles just chilled.

Kitties New Summer Tent.jpgBella in new tent.jpgGracie check it out.jpgTootles chillin.jpg
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3459022;
    The kitties got a new tent this year. The old one had taken a beating. Bella and Gracie checked it out while Mr. Tootles just chilled.

Attachment 25677Attachment 25678Attachment 25679Attachment 25680
    I've missed you

Are you SURE that's Mr Tootles, and not a stray Newf? When your kitties go camping, he'll surely keep the wild critters away
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3458771;
    That is hilarious. When I was little, I went with my dad to visit a friend of the family who had cows. One cow licked me from head to toe and I was covered in cow slobber. When we got home, I told my little brother all about how I was "attacked by a cow" and I elaborated on how long the tongue was and what big TEETH the cow had.... My brother was actually scared of cows for quite awhile after that
    I had to laugh at that story. Lexie is only 2 but she's definitely a "girly-girl". She does NOT like to be dirty. So she's learned to stay back from the cows. When she does get close enough to catch a stray lick from one of them, she runs frantically to me to get cleaned up!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

what pretty kitties miss kitty
    Lil Bit Has your granddaughter ever bottlefed a calf ? We have had them before and it is alot of fun... My niece who is a girly girl had fun feeding them, it shocked me. But she always ask if we have any bottle calves when she comes for a visit.

No, she's never bottle fed a calf, but I'm sure she'd love it. We have a couple of stock cows that we breed and they raise their own calves, so we don't have to bottle feed any. She loves the babies though. Who doesn't?
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3459022;

Attachment 25677Attachment 25678Attachment 25679Attachment 25680
    So wonderful to see their pictures again! Nice new tent...

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

inthegarden, thanks for the photos of the swallows. The daddy sounded like a typical expectant father. I have a family of wrens outside my kitchen window. They live in the hollow of a street sign. The babies can get so loud!

Lil Bit, the photo of the big brown cow checking out your pug is adorable.

misskitty, that's a cool tent. Mr. Tootles' expression is one of skepticism, mingled with, of course, curiosity.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3458771;
    That is hilarious. When I was little, I went with my dad to visit a friend of the family who had cows. One cow licked me from head to toe and I was covered in cow slobber. When we got home, I told my little brother all about how I was "attacked by a cow" and I elaborated on how long the tongue was and what big TEETH the cow had.... My brother was actually scared of cows for quite awhile after that

Queenb - I may have to consider the mint idea. How are Boo-Boo and Ringo getting along?
    My two are not 'best of friends' yet, but there is no growling, hissing, or fur flying. And since Ringo has been here, it has made BooBoo less cllingy and a lot less whiny; keeping an eye on him seems to give her a little more to 'do''. I actually have both kitties on the bed at the same time for at least part of the night now.

That's a funny story about the cow slobber. About 10 years ago L and I loaded up the nieces and nephews and went to one of those wildlife safari things, and I wasn't fast enough with the food for one female buffalo who stuck her head in the window and ran that big long tongue out at me, and I couldn't help it--I about crawled over L trying to get away, while squealing like a 4 year old. Dropped the food on the floor, so the beast would not stop, and he couldn't drive away because he was laughing so hard. I'm usually ok with animals no matter how big, but that one had some serious drool going on....eeeek! The kids still remember even though they are all teenagers now--that story goes in the crazy aunt file for sure.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3459318;
    I've missed you
    Are you SURE that's Mr Tootles, and not a stray Newf? When your kitties go camping, he'll surely keep the wild critters away
    Thank you...I've missed you too!

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3459468;
    what pretty kitties miss kitty
    Thank you as well! The girls are a bit more photogenic
    =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    So wonderful to see their pictures again! Nice new tent...
    Thank you gabriel....I think Joey would enjoy one indoors I got it at JYSK.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian
    misskitty, that's a cool tent. Mr. Tootles' expression is one of skepticism, mingled with, of course, curiosity.
    He did go in the tent, but I missed the photo. He's also easily amused...

=^.^=
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-21-2009 at 03:56 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3460378;

Lil Bit, the photo of the big brown cow checking out your pug is adorable.
    Just a few minutes before I got my camera out Roxie and one of the cows were sniffing each other with their noses together through the fence. They wouldn't recreate it for me once I had my camera in hand though.

+ Reply to Thread