+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1256Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3454924;
    Waldo was so funny. He wasn't jealous, but I swear he never figured out what that thing was. He was so curious and you could see him wondering: "looks kind of like my humans, but it's smaller than me".
    I tried several times to get pictures of the dogs around the baby, but one or the other wouldn't cooperate.
    That's how our cows look at Alexis. They are a bit scared of adults (unless you happen to have a pail of feed in your hand) but they'll come right up to the fence and sniff at Alexis and even lick her if she gets too close. I got a couple of pictures last weekend of her scolding the cows for eating the "pretty yellow flowers."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3457035;
    That's how our cows look at Alexis. They are a bit scared of adults (unless you happen to have a pail of feed in your hand) but they'll come right up to the fence and sniff at Alexis and even lick her if she gets too close. I got a couple of pictures last weekend of her scolding the cows for eating the "pretty yellow flowers."
    That is too cute!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This is where "us girls" start out learning to be bossy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3456396;
    I seriously think that Henry has an evil plan to take over our bed. I dreamed that I was in a dumpster last night... Woke up to find Henry asleep with his mouth hanging open..... Dachshund Dumpster breath....
    That is too funny--maybe you should put a mint on Henry's pillow every night.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3457114;
    That is too funny--maybe you should put a mint on Henry's pillow every night.
    Or a clothes pin for your nose

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

The swallows eggs have hatched. The mom has been sitting on the eggs and the dad has been bringing her insects to eat. At one point, the mom flew off for awhile and the dad, stood on the edge of the nest and just stared at the eggs, turning his head, like... Okay, now what do I do. The mom came back and busied herself moving the eggs and nestled back down. This weekend I noticed they were both busy flying back and forth and wondered if they had hatched. Today, when I went out on the porch, I heard the baby birds faint chirps and could see them open their beaks as the parents brought them insects to eat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How sweet ITG! Do you usually get swallows? My friends had some just above their deck door who had babies in their nest and whenever they would try to go out it they got dive bombed from the over protective parents!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3457035;
    That is hilarious. When I was little, I went with my dad to visit a friend of the family who had cows. One cow licked me from head to toe and I was covered in cow slobber. When we got home, I told my little brother all about how I was "attacked by a cow" and I elaborated on how long the tongue was and what big TEETH the cow had.... My brother was actually scared of cows for quite awhile after that

Queenb - I may have to consider the mint idea. How are Boo-Boo and Ringo getting along?

ITG - love the swallow pics! I know you'll enjoy watching those babies grow!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3458760;
    How sweet ITG! Do you usually get swallows? My friends had some just above their deck door who had babies in their nest and whenever they would try to go out it they got dive bombed from the over protective parents!
    Every year in the same spot, except we painted one fall and they didn't build that next spring, but the next year they did. I guess they could still smell the paint. I missed watching them that year. It is really fun when the babies start learning to fly.... I posted pictures in earlier posts, showing the nest being built.

What sweet pictures Lil and how kind of your granddaughter to stand guard over the "pretty yellow flowers"
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread