+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

So sorry about your loss, BP.

Here is a picture of Simba. He recently got his summer cut.

What a cutie pie!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

For those of you who have asked me for a picture of Mona NOT giving THE LOOK:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Wolf, great looking haircut. you take him to jonathans in beverly hills?

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    BP, so sorry to hear of your loss but just think.....you gave the little dear the joy of love and being loved and he passed on knowing what it was to be loved by caring people instead of being put down right away cause he was tiny......take joy in knowing that.
    Well put, joeguy.

I have "midwifed" a litter of four kittens into the world and watched as one didn't make it.

My 14-year-old Persian lived with my brother when he had her put to rest.

As a favor for a friend, I fostered an abused iguana--knowing nothing about reptiles and never having had one, and yet scrambling to learn. The iguana didn't make it under my care.

These are lives who come into our world full of absolute trust in us to provide what they can't provide for themselves. What begins as a symbiotic relationship becomes one of devotion and care. Of course the passing of an animal companion is a sad life change for us. Always remember that you provided the best life possible for your companion, and he or she had no regrets at the end. Look back on your fondest memories and try not to hold on to your regrets.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Cat Treat Recipe

Zaaam's Morsels for Mature Cats

1 can sardines, packed in olive oil
    1 cup whole grain bread crumbs
    1 egg , beaten
    1/2 teaspoon brewer's yeast
    (optional)

Pour contents of sardines in a medium bowl. Using a fork, mash into tiny pieces. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Drop 1/4 teaspoon of mixture onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake in a 325F oven for 7 minutes. Store in air tight container.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

My lhasa apso is mad at me right now, because I smell of foreign dog, but it's all worth it. The husband went downstairs to get some popsicles out of the fridge before a pending rainstorm commences and he tells me there's this huge dog curled up on the lawn. I go to the upstairs landing and sure enough it's a Great Dane. I hope it will scurry on home and when I check 45 minutes later, she's still there. Fearing it got hit by a car I tell the Mister I'm going out to check for tags. I sit on the stairs 15 feet away and whistle and finally coherce her to come over.

She's obviously stiff, possibly arthritic, and quite old. A bit bony and grizzled, but very sweet. The husband goes to see if he can raise the animal shelter, which I dread would put her down due to age, but with a beagle mutt in the back yard, we don't have any choice. She lays next to me and I stoke her ears and start crying. Then the mother in law comes out of her house, sees the dog and says she was talking to a neighbor who said that the guy next door was her owner...he's epileptic and had an attack that took him out of his home for a week, and the dog was taken when some people reported it looking abused. The vet concluded that she's just really old (13 years old, when most Danes live to 9) and so off we go to to knock on his door. He said she was chained and someone had to have unlatched her, which is very plausible since she's so creaky when she walks. I'm still very sad but glad she's home. That guy loves her.

Love your pets, everyone, we are all they have :hi
    Last edited by Texicana; 06-07-2005 at 01:06 AM.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Ah Texie. Having just spent $404 at the emergency vet this evening believe me I do. The dog has antibiotics and already appears better.

FORT Fan
    I love my kitties more than some people. Might sound mean, but its true. Theres nothing better than the unconditional love.

I take very good care of my kitties. One just cost me $1800.00 in vet bills. But it was well worth it. I still have my princess with me.

When you take in an animal.. they become family.

I totally agree with you, Sweetdreams. The Dane's owner was so happy we had his Scully waiting for him. He had no clue she was out loose. If we hadn't found out she belonged to him, I don't think I'd have had it in me to turn her over to animal control.

Mariner, what is ailing your critter?
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread