+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I'm sorry you missed out on the Chinchilla! Hope another one comes along soon. The skunk story is hilarious - something everyone will remember!

Henry has a raincoat and I will certainly take that if we go to Do Dah day. Queenb - we have talked about getting Henry a wagon. A couple of years ago we saw a woman at Do-Dah=Day with a full grown, hissing, nasty Possum in a baby stroller.... That's what makes Do-Dah-Day so fun - you never know what you are going to see. I hope that we get to go this year. Rain alone probably won't stop us, but they are predicting T-storms and severe weather and we don't want to be out in that.

Here's a pic of Mr. Longfellow at Do-dah-Day a couple of years ago. I believe it was taken shortly after he gobbled up that cheeseburger
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

My dad accidentally ran over a skunk once. After 2 days he traded the car in.

I used to live in a town like yours and not only would the skunk have made it in the local paper, but the cousins visiting from Phoenix would have as well. My mom used to mail me the weekly paper when I was in college and my friends from cities used to fight over who got to read it after me because they found it hilarious. It was routine to have pictures on the front page of people who had caught big fish or snakes or deer. They would actuall load up what animal they caught and go to the newspaper office to have their picture made for the paper. You know you're from a small town when....
    "Hey Fred, let's load this thing up and head up to that there newspaper office and have Bill take our picture with this big ole snake. It'll be on the front page next week." Not making this up although I did rate a half page spread when I managed to "bag" Mr. Rosie. But it was not on the front page.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3451131;
    Here's a pic of Mr. Longfellow at Do-dah-Day a couple of years ago. I believe it was taken shortly after he gobbled up that cheeseburger

Time for a NAP!!

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3451131;

He looks so happy and content!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Sorry about the Chinchilla, CaliLily. Hope a furry pal is right around the corner for you.

Doxie, that's a nice raincoat. What a lucky dog!

Inthe garden, your Chloe is beautiful.

I was holding an emory board yesterday, and noticed how it feels similar to a cat's tongue. I brushed it along the top of Chloe's head and around her ears, and she loved it. After I did her chin, she plopped right down on her back. She ended up getting a full scratch down, including the pads on her paws, and in between her claws. I was doing her tail, and noticed it was very still, looked up, and she was asleep! The emory board also removes cat hairs that otherwise would have removed themselves, so that's a bonus. Looks like Chloe's beloved little pink comb has been trumped.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3451226;
    They would actuall load up what animal they caught and go to the newspaper office to have their picture made for the paper.
    You sound like my southern mom with the "picture made". Momma would never say "take" a picture, it was always "make" a picture.
    "Get over there with your brother and have your picture made." "Go make a picture with your sister."

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3451610;
    I was holding an emory board yesterday, and noticed how it feels similar to a cat's tongue. I brushed it along the top of Chloe's head and around her ears, and she loved it. After I did her chin, she plopped right down on her back. She ended up getting a full scratch down, including the pads on her paws, and in between her claws. I was doing her tail, and noticed it was very still, looked up, and she was asleep! The emory board also removes cat hairs that otherwise would have removed themselves, so that's a bonus. Looks like Chloe's beloved little pink comb has been trumped.
    What a good Mom you are!
    CYA

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3451851;
    You sound like my southern mom with the "picture made". Momma would never say "take" a picture, it was always "make" a picture.
    "Get over there with your brother and have your picture made." "Go make a picture with your sister."
    There's another way to say it??? And how many people do you know that would drive to the newspaper office to "take a picture" of the 12 foot snake they caught. All those people would say "have their picture made" too. Because the ones that use correct English wouldn't have caught the snake in the first place nor thought it a good idea to drive it to the newspaper office with it.

I also "mash" buttons on the elevator, "cut on" the lights, push a "buggy" around the grocery store and bring the groceries home in a "sack" and "carry" my daughter to school. I'm always "fixin" to do something too. But I draw the line at saying PEE-Can when making a Pah-Kahn pie.

And since this is the animal lovers thread, when someone uses an argument to convince me of something and that argument isn't working with me, I tell them "that dog won't hunt".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;3451610;
    Aww! That is a good idea! I've never noticed that before!

MRD- You made me laugh like crazy! I am a big Paula Deen fan and your 'vocabulary' sounds just like hers. (Pee-Can... I hate that pronunciation too)

So we are going to the Tulip Festival today in Iowa and the big debate is to bring the dogs, or not to bring the dogs. Augie will go anywhere if there is food involved so she isn't a big concern, but Tatonka has people issues. We're worried that we will get there and she will go nuts barking and trying to hide behind us, but the poor thing has never really been given a chance to go on a trip like this because we have always left her and Kenzie home (Three big dogs is just too much to travel with). So this is her first big event. Hopefully all will be fine!

And my uncle's house still smells...
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

thanks lopevian. Chloe can be sweet too. If she's in the mood....

Several years ago, Duke , Rusty, Ike and I all got sprayed by a skunk after dark, trying to round up Chigger. We thought she had run into a brush pile, but it was a skunk. pee..uuuu. Then as we trudged our smelly selves up the driveway she was sitting on the bridge, she looked like she was laughing to me. Mr. ITG said ... You don't think your coming in the house do you ? After several baths and clothes washing it faded, but stayed in my nose for a long time.

and Chigger's snake count for this spring is 2 and counting. Buddy 3 bullfrogs and a crawfish, Teddy a mouse, Mac 1 mole and that's all I've seen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread