+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Doxie, I think you should get a little red wagon with a cushion for Henry in it
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

and should have a removable cover for those rainly days and maybe a battery operated heating blanket.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

So bad news... I went to the humane society to pick up the Chinchilla and he had been adopted not even an hour before I got there I looked around and all they had aside from Charlie (the Chinchilla) was a bunch of rats and two turtles. I had already bought the cage and everything and had it set up at home, guess I should have gotten him before I did all that. I'm just going to wait until they get another one in or a bunny since I don't believe in buying animals from pet stores...

Tell Henry if he wants some more hamburgers he can come up and visit me for the weekend. My stepmom makes her own dog food and she has a recipe for a hamburger like thing that is more like a veggie burger that our dogs go nuts over.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3449927;
    What fun Doxie and you have to take pics, especially if Henry turns into the "Hamburglar"
    gabriel how is Joey doing with his kitty condo ?
    Has NOT been in it since I snapped that picture.

But he does sleep on the various levels of his "tree" so I guess I am pacified.

Oh, I'm sorry you didn't get to adopt that Chinchilla, calilily. You must be so disappointed. I know I am, I couldn't wait to see some pictures.

Don't worry though, I'm sure your special pet will come into your life very soon.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Let that be a lesson to you, Cali! Never Walk Away From Something (read: ANYTHING!) you think you really want! :nono
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sigh... at least I got to have some fun with a skunk instead today...

No... I'm not kidding... A skunk somehow managed to get through a basement window at my aunts house early this morning. Our whole family was visiting because my cousins had flown in from Phoenix for a graduation (they havent been back in years!) So my uncle called the police department and the vet to come and help figure out the best way to get it out of the house without spraying. The best solution they could figure out was to gas the thing till it was asleep. Half way through it was working and then they ran out of gas. The skunk freaked and sprayed.

The house now has to be aired out for 2 whole weeks. No one can go in without gaging! My grandparents only live 6 blocks away and they said that the can even smell it back home!!! My cousins were snapping pictures on their camera phones and sending them back to their friends in Phoenix who were all in disbelief about the situation. Needless to say, since it is a town of 3,000 people it will be front page news tomorrow... not kidding...

Moral of the story: Always lock your basement windows and make sure you have enough gas on hand to put a small critter to sleep. :nono

Calilily! :nono You didn't like him? I told you to get a skunk, and since the chinchilla got taken, you know....we're sorry we were lied to and he was not de-odorized.

Anyway--What kind of gas were they using?

I know, it's all my fault thats what I get for wanting a small pet... I curse my family with 2 weeks of utter stinkyness... sigh... I guess you better be careful for what you wish for!

I'm not entirely sure what kind of gas it was, the vet brought it and he was the one administering it. The cop found the whole think hillarious.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3450873;
    The cop found the whole think hillarious.
    You mean, the whole stink.
    I would have been right next to him Even if it was my house;you can't make this stuff up, and look at the story you have to tell now, and forever and ever.

+ Reply to Thread