+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1256Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

the loss of my fur baby

i could really use some support right now. yesterday, we had to make the hardest decision ever. we had to put our little kitten, milo, to sleep. he was the runt of a litter of purebred egyptian maus. he would've been 8 months old on the 5/03/05 and he only weighed 1.13 pounds at the vet the other day. he was the most amazing little creature i've ever known. he started having problems earlier this week, and it got to the point where he couldn't move, eat, and could barely breathe. after many tests, they believed that there was a problem with his brain stem - something that was not curable or even treatable. i am having the hardest time with this - i'm a complete wreck, as is my husband and my son. we could all use any thoughts, prayers or well wishes that you can offer. after burying his small body last night, we created a page for him at the rainbow bridge site. the poem is absolutely beautiful - today i photoshopped it along with a background of a faint rainbow and framed it alongside his picture. here is the poem:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

and here is the link to his memorial page, if you would like to visit him there: Milo at the Rainbow Bridge

i am in complete shock and absolutely heartbroken...

kym
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Broken_pryncess, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Milo. Pets become such a special part of our hearts and lives, it is just heart-breaking when they have to leave us. I hope your memories of him comfort you in time, and that you can be assured he's now chasing dogs and roaring like a lion.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Aw, Kym. I'm so very sorry for your loss. :gropuhug
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Broken_pryncess, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Milo. Pets become such a special part of our hearts and lives, it is just heart-breaking when they have to leave us. I hope your memories of him comfort you in time, and that you can be assured he's now chasing dogs and roaring like a lion.
    thanks so much.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Aw, Kym. I'm so very sorry for your loss. :gropuhug
    thanks - it has been incredibly hard on all of us.

Broken pryncess, My heart goes out to you completely. The Rainbow Bridge, as I found out a few years ago is a wonderful place to pay tribute to our little ones. Thank the powers that be that you were blessed with this little critter as long as you were and always remember something good. When you want to feel sad, feel sad, and remember Milo is somewhere where he can be free to run with no pain, no hurt, plenty of food and water and toys and friends.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    Broken pryncess, My heart goes out to you completely. The Rainbow Bridge, as I found out a few years ago is a wonderful place to pay tribute to our little ones. Thank the powers that be that you were blessed with this little critter as long as you were and always remember something good. When you want to feel sad, feel sad, and remember Milo is somewhere where he can be free to run with no pain, no hurt, plenty of food and water and toys and friends.
    thank you. i do feel truly blessed that we had as much time with him as we did. the breeder was going to put him to sleep months ago because of his size. he's just always been so sweet, lovey, and clingy. we have 4 other indoor cats, and none of them are anywhere near as snuggly as milo was. the whole thing just was so sudden that i really think i'm in shock.

My heart goes out to you broken- It's been a year and I still mourn the loss of my baby But we're all here for you! And, you gave him a great 8 months - it gave him the time to serve his purpose in snuggling you, and you in snuggling with him. Nothing is better than passing after filling the world with love.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    My heart goes out to you broken- It's been a year and I still mourn the loss of my baby But we're all here for you! And, you gave him a great 8 months - it gave him the time to serve his purpose in snuggling you, and you in snuggling with him. Nothing is better than passing after filling the world with love.
    People say that time lessens the pain, but it only dulls it a little. I still mourn my little girl tabby who was 10 when I had her put down in 1993. All of the critters that our family has had over the years are always missed. I give my Mona and Joey a special hug always because they really do give so much in return for so little that we give them. I mean we give a walk, some play, food, place to go potty, place to sleep, what do we get? totally unconditional love, amusement, companionship and look into those eyes and see 100% innocence and trust.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by broken_pryncess
    thank you. i do feel truly blessed that we had as much time with him as we did. the breeder was going to put him to sleep months ago because of his size. he's just always been so sweet, lovey, and clingy. we have 4 other indoor cats, and none of them are anywhere near as snuggly as milo was. the whole thing just was so sudden that i really think i'm in shock.

BP, so sorry to hear of your loss but just think.....you gave the little dear the joy of love and being loved and he passed on knowing what it was to be loved by caring people instead of being put down right away cause he was tiny......take joy in knowing that.

+ Reply to Thread