+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3419704;
    I call our dogs "the Hoovers" because they vaccum up anything that hits the floor. What's really funny is when it's a piece of lettuce and one will get it because they can't have the other 2 getting it first and then they run off with it and then spit it out because it's lettuce. The other two will then come sniff it and leave it. And I have to go pick it up.
    Trinity will do that. Grab whatever it is and run off alone to investigate before she actually eats it. Not Roxie though. If it hits the floor, she grabs it and swallows it before it gets away from her.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Over the years, my kitties have become much more discriminating about food. They have very little interest in human food, which I find strange. They are not even interested in little pieces of chicken.

By the way, I'm learning to really LOVE that corn litter that costs more than it should. It seems to last longer than the other, but I do keep a box in the bathroom shower floor, and I do scoop directly into the toilet everyday/every other day. I do a little replenishing as I go along. The odor is not a problem, either, unless somebody decides not to cover their yuck, which is not that often.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Chloe, our cat, loves raw Country ham... She smells it cooking and comes running. Rolls in the floor, crying, reaches her paw out and tries to grab it. Then if you give her a tiny cooked piece, she smells it, slaps it and turns around and walks off. She wants it raw, but I'm afraid to give it to her. She won't eat any meat. I boil Chicken for my others, and she won't touch it.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 04-21-2009 at 12:14 PM.

BooBoo does that too; she sits next to me while I'm eating, and gently pokes me with her paw, and stares, and meows. Then when I finally offer a wee bit of whatever it is, she will inspect closely, but never eat it, unless it happens to involve cheddar cheese or whipped cream.

Well I finally broke down and got a new kitty--he doesn't have a name yet, and PLEASE, don't say Yogi, it's not going to happen! He was just pitiful in the shelter; he was declawed and neutered, but living outside where he was trapped. Then he was adopted, but the people immediately stuck him with other cats, so they returned him after a couple of weeks. So, 8 dys later, I found him in the community room of the shelter, and picked him up. Poor kitty didn't try to get away, but hid his head under my arm. Then he went to sleep on my tummy...it was over. He also felt skinny as if he hadn't been eating much throughout this ordeal. He is staing in the back room right now, and the second night he had his tail sticking up, and greeted me with big head butts--
    Now I've just got to get BooBoo convinced he's okay!

(Don't overlook his little tail ) I don't know if you can tell in these pics, but it's shortish, and he has a habit of keeping th last ttwo inches bent.

I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

What a handsome fellow queenb. I'm happy for you both
    I think he picked you, that's even better.
    If you give it time he will name himself.

MRD

Congrats on the new addition Queenb, Maybe you can name him Smith(for Ranger Smith that Yogi was always trying to fool).
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

What a beautiful kitty queenb. I'm sure he will adjust quickly and hopefully Boo-boo will too.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

OH queenb! What a Handsome TABBY. Mona used to do that with her tail also quite often, and HATED having the tip touched.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That face melts me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

He is beautiful, queenb. I would have fell in love first thing, too. I love that he just cuddled and fell asleep. Booboo will come around. I think he should be either Romeo or Don Juan, he's a little lover boy.

+ Reply to Thread