+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

When I type too fast, and Chloe thinks I'm getting in HER way, she nips at my fingers....and I threaten, but never follow through. I think she has my number.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3418200;
    We just keep our garbage can under the sink. Our dogs could never figure out how to open up the cabinet door to get inside!
    The only solution that works for is one of those industrial looking trash bins with the push-in door and we have it in a corner so that it can't be tipped over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3418669;
    The only solution that works for is one of those industrial looking trash bins with the push-in door and we have it in a corner so that it can't be tipped over.
    Ours was in a corner too - yes, it got tipped over. He's just very intuitive. He does it even if there is no trash in there - we left it unlocked one day with a fresh new bag and yep, he had to get into it just to prove he could.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3418170;
    THIS made me LAUGH!! I have a wonderful visual.
    I'll have to get a picture of the lock. It's pretty cool how Mike attached it and how it works. It's a pain to unlock and lock it all the time but not as much as cleaning up trash all over the house.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3418200;
    We just keep our garbage can under the sink. Our dogs could never figure out how to open up the cabinet door to get inside!
    This is how mine is, too. My chow happy lab just knows it's good to hang out in the kitchen. He sits under the table and if anyone drops anything, he's on it! He's very quick.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

That's state law isn't it? Anything that falls on the floor is legally the dog's.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3419663;
    That's state law isn't it? Anything that falls on the floor is legally the dog's.
    So true and somehow the dogs are keenly aware of this law. Everytime I set foot in the kitchen, even if it's just to wipe down the counters, I have three helpers who are more than willing to keep the floors clean. It's funny sometimes when they all go after something that's been dropped and I say "For the love of Pete, it's just a piece of paper!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3419675;
    So true and somehow the dogs are keenly aware of this law. Everytime I set foot in the kitchen, even if it's just to wipe down the counters, I have three helpers who are more than willing to keep the floors clean. It's funny sometimes when they all go after something that's been dropped and I say "For the love of Pete, it's just a piece of paper!"
    Too funny! Even my cat comes in to assist in case the dog needs any help.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

MRD

I call our dogs "the Hoovers" because they vaccum up anything that hits the floor. What's really funny is when it's a piece of lettuce and one will get it because they can't have the other 2 getting it first and then they run off with it and then spit it out because it's lettuce. The other two will then come sniff it and leave it. And I have to go pick it up.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

All I have to do is say "oh oh" and the dog will materialize from wherever she is in the house. I have done it without thinking sometimes (when no food is dropped) and have a very sad dog looking at me like I tricked her

+ Reply to Thread