+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

I came home and found the cats snuggling. Sorry for the pic quality; I was trying to hurry before they pounced on me.

You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Wow Speedy. The baby is getting so big. I love his/her coloring and his/her eyes.

I know. I still see her as a teeny thing that fit into the palm of my hand. She'll turn 1 year old on June 29th. I'm trying to get a side profile pic of her so her Maine Coon features are shown. Her bushy tail looks like a feather duster and her paws look like those hairy "Chewbacca" boots that were popular in the 80's.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Awwww, they're so adorable! I just love it when my kitties snuggle and smoosh into each other. Precious pic, Speedy!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

FORT Fan
    Awwww.. the kitties snuggling are so cute! I wish my cats would snuggle with each other. They only snuggle with me.. and I'm purrrrfectly OK with that.

Aww speedy I wanna hug em
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Too cute, Speedy. Wow, Chloe isn't a baby anymore.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    ArghH! WHY can't I see the picture!?!? Speedy, I have a Maine Coon too!!!

Okay, this is kinda breaking my heart right now.

Every year sparrows really love to build nests around my home. Usually its underneath the roof, so its not in trees. Problem is, every year the nest falls. Thankfully most times there were no eggs or chicks inside. Just last week one of the nest fell and there was nothing inside.

However, today I come home and find another nest had fallen in my yard and when I flipped over a nest there was a chick that was still alive. Very very young. I just placed it back in the nest, but there is just no way for me to put it back up at the roof as the mother used mud to keep the nest atop and that has fallen off as well. There are no ledges or openings that could support the nest either. So for now I placed it on a chair.

What upsets me though is that in San Diego there is only one wildlife center and they have only one line. I've tried to call them for over an hour and its always busy. I've called about 4-5 hospitals and clinics and all directed me to them as they're the only ones that do wildlife. I don't want to feed the bird anything in fear of harming it further more, but I know time is ticking and its starting to get cold too.

I finally got ahold of a volunteer who does wildlife rescue, she's in the middle of saving a duck right now and after some talking she agreed to come over to my home as soon as she's rescued the duck. I just hope she comes in time and the bird won't die.

This is just tearing me up right now. I just checked on the chick and its still chirping, looks like its sleeping, but I hope it can make it. Stuff like this just tears me up.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Mrs. Cwebb, at least its alive.....I keep finding dead babies in my yard that have fallen out and died, It just makes me so sad and i have to go through this every year as they ( the sparrows) build nests in my blue spruce tree.

+ Reply to Thread