+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3411884;
    well, back to animals...

my dog is doing fine now - just awful that he had to suffer the weekend until the vet gets in. Couldn't even see my regular, but her associate did a fine job. his ripped claw was both inflamed and had an infection going. He now has a green bootie and 2 bottles of pills (anti imflamatory and antibiotic)

we are going to meet with her in a couple weeks to look at removing the dew claws (which means going under, and he is 8 yrs old) -- or putting a plan in place to prevent this if possible (wrap the areas before playing?) and what to do if it does (emergency clinic? or what???).

He is snoozing comfortably for the first time in days.
    Thanks for the update schmoo.

Schmoo - so glad that he is ok. I bet he looks cute in his little green bootie!

Our Simon is still hanging in there It's been almost a month since his diagnosis and both of us and the vet are happily surprised that he's still doing as well as he is.

Henry apparently has Spring Fever! We had a guy here yesterday to get our yard/jungle under control and Henry emerged from under the electric blanket, greeted the guy at the door and then followed him around and "helped" him... This lasted until the weedwacker was turned on. That noise sent Henry back into the house and under the covers at TWS (top waddle speed)...
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

top waddle speed

MRD

Top Waddle Speed. Now that is funny right there, I don't care who you are.

So glad Simon continues to do well.

Waldo has spring fever too and it's driving us insane. He wants to run around and chase birds and be in the yard ALL the time. We should know in a couple weeks if the mortgage is going to be possible and when it is, we are getting enough to fence the final side of the yard that isn't fenced and put in a doggie door and then he can come and go as he pleases. He's good about staying in the yard, they all are, but I wouldn't leave them out unattended until we are fenced on the 4th side.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I bet he will just love the freedom to roam like that! We have an acerage so our 3 dogs aren't fenced (i don't think a military strength electric shock fence could hold those monsters!) Kenzie, our boarder collie/lab, has a love of rolling in the cow pies at the neighbor's farm and then coming home for a kiss and a hug. Tanka isn't into the cow pies as much as she is into swimming in the cow's water trough.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

One of my gurls used to follow around any repair person and sit and supervise what was going on. It was almost embarrassing. I'd introduce her to them as "the supervisor". She was all about making her presence known....but Don't Try To Touch Her!!!

Another used to sit on the vanity and, closely, watch me apply my morning make-up before I went to work. It was like she was taking lessons and looking for "how to" lessons. She would also always lean back to check out my hair when I came from the stylist! She'd look it up one side, and down the other. Very much a "gurly-gurl"!

Precious memories.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3415719;
    I bet he will just love the freedom to roam like that! We have an acerage so our 3 dogs aren't fenced (i don't think a military strength electric shock fence could hold those monsters!) Kenzie, our boarder collie/lab, has a love of rolling in the cow pies at the neighbor's farm and then coming home for a kiss and a hug. Tanka isn't into the cow pies as much as she is into swimming in the cow's water trough.
    Don't you just hate that... we have cows. Our neighbors yorkie comes down for the occasional roll. Our older dogs are use to the cow pies and usually leave them alone, but the two younger ones are fascinated by them.
    The pups can have fresh city water in their bowls,but choose to drink out of the cow pond.
    You know the cows stand in the pond to drink and it goes in one end and out the other.....

doxie glad to hear about Simon.
    prhoshay we have a cat, Buddy we call him the shop boss, he watches everything you do, if I go down there, he looks at me...like... Does Dad know you're down here? Did he say you could have that?
    and Mac, which is short for Mechanic, because he loves trucks and will jump in them, we always have a Mac check before any one leaves the farm.
    Mrd I hope you can get the fence, so they can enjoy going in and out...out and in...
    Last edited by inthegarden; 04-16-2009 at 03:30 PM.

MRD

Rosie has a love of bunny poop and that's bad enough. I grew up around cows and my friends I used to have cow patty fights. The key is to find one that's hardened on the outside, but still "ripe" on the inside and try to hit your opponent with it. Ah, fun memories. No wonder my mother would make me hose off in the backyard before coming in the house.
    Our house is on almost an acre of land with a creek, so the dogs LOVE the extra land, but Waldo makes the most use of it, so I know being able to stay outside as much as he wants will be great for him. Right now the creek is on the outside of the fence, so we're not sure about moving it and allowing them access to the water.
    Of course, knowing Waldo, he'll be scared of the doggie door and will have to be bribed into learning how to use it. He's got this thing now, where he can't go in the door unless he goes behind whoever is holding the door for him. He goes out of his way, to go behind us which usually means he's now squeezing his big self through the little space between us and the door instead of going in front of us where the door is WIDE open.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Actually, Waldo is exhibiting good doggie manners. He accepts you as pack leader, and waits for you to lead him out on his next adventure.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I was just going to say that Newf. We have trained our Mastiff that she is never first on the stairs or through a door. It helps keep her somewhat orderly

+ Reply to Thread