+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

What is the purpose of a 'dew claw', anyway?

I am so grateful that my vet is open 7 days/week/365 for all problems. They also have after hours availability, but it costs a minumum of $200.......not that that would matter if it was really needed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Supposedly they help with traction when a dog runs. We had Bogie's removed as a pup. Rosie's were not removed and she has had a few problems but nothing in years. Having them removed doesn't hinder the dog.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

This story was so wonderful, I had to share.

God Lives in the Post Office

This is one of the kindest things I've ever experienced. I have no way to know who sent it,

but there is a beautiful soul working in the "dead letter office file" of the US Postal Service..

Our 14-year-old dog, Abbey, died last month. The day after she died, my 4-year-old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so she dictated these words:

Dear God,

Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss

her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick.

I hope you will play with her. She likes to play with balls and to swim. I am sending a picture

of her so when you see her, You will know that she is my dog. I really miss her.

Love, Meredith

______________________________ ___

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had.

Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, 'To Meredith,' in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, 'When a Pet Dies.' Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note:

______________________________ _______

Dear Meredith,

Abbey arrived safely in heaven.

Having the picture was a big help. I recognized Abbey right away.

Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in, so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and have something to remember Abbey by.

Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have. I picked her especially for you.

I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much.

By the way, I'm easy to find. I am wherever there is love.

Love,
    God

Ok, that story made me cry.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Oh man, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3411023;
    This story was so wonderful, I had to share.
    My goodness, MRD, that letter really made me lose it. And, since my Dad worked in the PO when he was alive, I like to think he had a hand in it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Oh MRD..that brought tears to my eyes. What a nice person to do this!

MRD

I didn't mean to make you all cry. I thought it was wonderful that someone in the PO took the thought and time to
    brighten the day of the little girl. I loved the part where they wrote about the mother: "I picked her out especially for you".

Well our three had Easter baths as they were all getting "fragrant". Then they all got some ham and a jelly bean. I was rooting around looking for the black jelly beans for me and dropped a jelly bean which Rosie got and then had to give the boys their own jelly bean too, because it was "SO NOT FAIR!!!!".

They realy wanted Deviled eggs, but didn't think I could stand that later on tonight. Bad enough that hubby ate as many as he did.
    Last edited by MRD; 04-12-2009 at 08:22 PM.

MRD, I spent thirty minutes at Walgreens digging for the bag with the most black jellybeans. I found one that was loaded. When I got home I discovered that they weren't black, they were grape. I had bought a lousy bag of jellybeans with Cherry,Strawberry, Lime, Lemon and Grape. Not a licorice one in the whole bunch.

black jelly beans, blech. I'll send you all mine, Muduh.

+ Reply to Thread