+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3410047;
    You want to read a story of the GOLDFISH and a Calico girl cat with the BLUE LEG? I posted this February 1, 2008
    Too funny.
    We had dogs who did the same, though we never caught them with blue legs.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

Gabriel, that is too funny and you're mom is a VERY clever woman to think of that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3410165;
    Gabriel, that is too funny and you're mom is a VERY clever woman to think of that.
    My Mom is pretty smart in a mimimalistic way. I have posted something at the coffee table in the klatsch.
    Last edited by just1paul; 04-10-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Shay - I am glad you let the cat out of the bag!

Queenb - I hope you do get a new buddy for BooBoo (and you!). Keep us posted!

Gabriel - The blue legged cat story is hilarious. Very good idea!

MRD - The dogs rarely get Chik-fil-a because Mr. Doxie cannot seem to make it home before he scarfs it down!

We had a very brief hail storm today and it scared the "hail" out of Henry! It WAS pretty loud, but he quivered under the bed for at least an hour after it was over.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Have you seen the dog friendly Handa Element that's coming out? Too cool.
    Dog-friendly Honda Element Concept Transforms SUV into Pet-hauling Champ - Automobiles Review
    New dog-friendly transportation concepts designed for the Honda Element add canine-specific enhancements to one of the most dog-friendly vehicles available, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today at the New York International Auto Show.

Developed specifically for the Element, the Dog FriendlyTM components demonstrate the potential for a dedicated pet restraint system designed to meet the needs of dog owners. A finalized version of the Dog Friendly Element is scheduled to debut this fall. Major components will likely include:

* a cushioned pet bed in the cargo area with an elevated platform;
    * second row and cargo area pet restraint systems;
    * an extendable cargo area load-in ramp;
    * a 12V DC rear ventilation fan;
    * second-row seat covers with a dog pattern design (matches the bed fabric);
    * all-season rubber floor mats with a toy bone pattern;
    * a spill-resistant water bowl; and
    * Dog Friendly exterior emblems.

“In an interesting turn of events, cars are now chasing dogs,” said John Mendel, executive vice president of American Honda. “Factory integration of a cushioned pet bed, restraint systems and other components are intended to transform the Element into the ultimate dog car.”
    The Dog Friendly equipment, engineered specifically for the Element, is designed to accommodate the transportation of dogs in the second-row passenger seats or in the cargo area. The restraint system concepts were designed and fabricated by Takata Corporation, one of the world’s leading automotive safety systems suppliers, exclusively for display on the Dog Friendly Honda Element concept vehicle. The restraint concepts are intended to complement the potential of the vehicle’s existing restraint systems by helping to protect the dog and helping to prevent injuries to other vehicle occupants due to an unrestrained dog impacting them in a collision. For convenience, a ramp is included to help dogs access the rear cargo area. The ramp stores underneath the bed platform and can be conveniently accessed when the rear tailgate is down.

“In-vehicle pet restraints should be part of every dog owner’s safe travel practices,” said Wayne Pacelle, President and CEO of The Humane Society of the United States. “The expanded availability of manufacturer-based restraints and features can help elevate pet comfort and convenience for owners. Good ventilation and access to water on longer trips should also be primary concerns.”

The Element has long been recognized for its dog-friendly interior with an easy-to-clean urethane floor and expansive, flat cargo area (up to 74.6 cu-ft. with rear seats removed), wide-opening side cargo doors, low lift-in height, and accommodating dimensions for tall items. The consumer pet travel advice Web site, Dogcars.com, honored the 2007 Honda Element with its first-ever “Dog Car of the Year” award.

According to the American Pet Products Manufacturers Association, Inc., 39 percent of all households own at least one dog with an estimated total U.S. dog population of 74.8 million. All pet purchases and related products and services comprise an estimated total market value of more than $43 billion (2008 est.).

Substantially restyled for the 2009 model year and available with new features, the Honda Element builds on its spacious and versatile SUV character with a more chiseled exterior appearance and a refreshed interior design. Three unique Element styles are available that range from the rugged and simple Element LX, to the more refined Element EX, to the sporty Element SC.

UNK That is really a good idea. I wonder if they will adapt the carrier to other SUVs. The ramp would come in handy for loading big dogs who are so heavy they can't jump, like our Rusty.
    Gabriel your Mom sounds really sharp. I bet you had a hard time fooling her when you were a kid .

The swallows came back today. They build nest in our barn and on our front porch. I can see the front porch nest from my kitchen window.They are so interesting to watch. Every year they add a new layer on to their nest, which is made out of mud and lined with feathers. We painted the house 2 yrs. ago and took down the old nest it was about 1" from the ceiling.
    They have 4-5 babies and when the eggs hatch the older birds will all come and see the new babies. And when they learn to fly all the older birds will come and help. When I am mowing the lawn, they fly down right in front of me to catch the bugs that fly up.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3410250;
    Gabriel your Mom sounds really sharp. I bet you had a hard time fooling her when you were a kid .

The swallows came back today. They build nest in our barn and on our front porch. I can see the front porch nest from my kitchen window.They are so interesting to watch. Every year they add a new layer on to their nest, which is made out of mud and lined with feathers. We painted the house 2 yrs. ago and took down the old nest it was about 1" from the ceiling.
    They have 4-5 babies and when the eggs hatch the older birds will all come and see the new babies. And when they learn to fly all the older birds will come and help. When I am mowing the lawn, they fly down right in front of me to catch the bugs that fly up.
    NOTHING got past my Mother.

Nice story about the swallows.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3410250;
    UNK The swallows came back today. They build nest in our barn and on our front porch. I can see the front porch nest from my kitchen window.They are so interesting to watch. Every year they add a new layer on to their nest, which is made out of mud and lined with feathers. We painted the house 2 yrs. ago and took down the old nest it was about 1" from the ceiling.
    It's such a nice feeling when the birds come back. It means that Spring is definately here! I've been watching the little fat soon-to-be mama robins hopping around. My apartment complex won't allow us to put seed out for them because of the mess it makes, but I've been throwing a few slices of old bread out on my deck for them to nibble on.

It's such a good feeling when you can see them again after a long winter like this one, isn't it?
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3410219;
    Have you seen the dog friendly Handa Element that's coming out?
    Very cool!

Henry wants to know if seat warmers or heated beds are going to be an option Maybe I should try to get him a consulting job at Honda! There is a Honda plant here.

My dad recently traded in his truck for a smaller one. The new truck has a tiny backseat with little fold down seats. His dog (Springer Spaniel) was used to the full sized bench seat in the old truck and was NOT happy with the new ride. So, my dad built a (padded and upholstered of course) removable "bridge" to put across the little seats. Now, the dog can see out and has more room to stretch out and is very happy! Mom says it's pretty comfy too.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Ms Josey is starting to feel a greater sense of entitlement. She had been sleeping on the floor at the foot of my bed, but the other night she jumped up on the bed as I was smoothing the blankets, and resisted all efforts to coax her down. Fortunately, she is a good bed-mate. She doesn't hog the blankets or bed space, she doesn't bug me for nocturnal tummy rubs, she just goes to sleep. So far.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread